Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 6:36:50 AM EDT
"MAK91- Norinco milled,with Polytech Nat'l match barrel"what is this?is this the one that has a 20" barrel.is this any better than any other ak?also is it hard to find a US stock to replace the buthole stock?I know nothing about ak's.the price on this is @$350.00.thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a Post-ban Chinese AK.  Personally, I would buy it in a heartbeat.  Chinese AKs in my opinion are top notch.  $350 for a milled AK is very reasonable.  Here's a link to some Chinese AK info that shows photos of the MAK-91:

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/~Page_2.htm

A buttstock should not be a problem, just remember the total number of US parts you need to have installed.  This guy may or may not still be in business, but it's worth a shot:

http://www.soupbowl.kalashnikov.guns.ru/Page2.html

If you get it and don't like it, let me know and I will buy it from you!  Send me an email and let me know.

KF
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one and it is a nice gun. That is a good price. You are getting a milled reciever and alot higher quality [fit and finish] than an SAR for $50 more.
Replacing the Thole stock is a limited selection. The normal milled sets won't work because there is a slight angle on the reciever. Ace has a skeleton stock that will fit but is expensive. Choate will work. I think Ironwood had some but not sure of their current situation. CB
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top