Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/24/2002 6:36:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2002 7:17:06 AM EDT by 3-gun]
"MAK91- Norinco milled,with Polytech Nat'l match barrel"what is this?is this the one that has a 20" barrel.is this any better than any other ak?also is it hard to find a US stock to replace the buthole stock?I know nothing about ak's.the price on this is @$350.00.thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:38:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2002 2:53:59 PM EDT by krinkfreak]
It's a Post-ban Chinese AK. Personally, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Chinese AKs in my opinion are top notch. $350 for a milled AK is very reasonable. Here's a link to some Chinese AK info that shows photos of the MAK-91:

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/~Page_2.htm

A buttstock should not be a problem, just remember the total number of US parts you need to have installed. This guy may or may not still be in business, but it's worth a shot:

http://www.soupbowl.kalashnikov.guns.ru/Page2.html

If you get it and don't like it, let me know and I will buy it from you! Send me an email and let me know.

KF
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:21:49 AM EDT
I have one and it is a nice gun. That is a good price. You are getting a milled reciever and alot higher quality [fit and finish] than an SAR for $50 more.
Replacing the Thole stock is a limited selection. The normal milled sets won't work because there is a slight angle on the reciever. Ace has a skeleton stock that will fit but is expensive. Choate will work. I think Ironwood had some but not sure of their current situation. CB
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:24:03 AM EDT
Top Top