Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2002 4:28:38 PM EDT
I'm looking at picking up my first AK type rifle and have decided on a SAR 1.  Good Choice?  Bad Choice?  Also, who in Washington State carries or can get them at a decent price?  I keep seeing them on forthehunt.com for around $300 but would rather just buy one locally.  

-NeedAClip
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#1]
NeedAClip,
I'm going to assume you are in the greater Seattle area.  Down south is Federal Way Discount Guns.  They had SAR1s for ~320 last time I was there.  In Renton, there is Ben's Loans.  Bullseye down in Tacoma also has a good selection and pretty good prices.  The SAR1 is a good first AK.  They are cheap reliable and readily available as are the mags and ammo.  They are also a good project gun in that they will work fine out of the box but can be improved if you want to invest the time and money.  It is probably a good idea to buy locally because while it may be a little more expensive you can look over the rifle first.  This is important for the SARs though not as important on the newer ones.  Check the front sight base and gas block to make sure they are straight.  One last word of advice,  buy the rifle locally but use the internet to buy mags and accessories.  Ammunition is a wash.  You can find good deals online or at guns shows.  Hope all that helped.

Font
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top