Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 1:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2002 1:39:46 PM EDT by 5555]
Let me know if I'm out of line(and/or lazy), but, I have been wanting a SAR-2 from AIM. I have also been thinking about the Romanian front sight block for the threaded barrel coolness. So, figuring that 1+1=3, it occurred to me. I could(maybe) send CampyBob a check, he could go to AIM and handpick a SAR-2, then install the front sight and send it to me. Then all I would have to do would be to install the FCG from RSA and screw on a AK-74 muzzle break and I'm ready to go. I can't be the only person thinking this. We could all get together and make CampyBob rich(and very busy). Just thought I would throw this out. If I'm way out of line,Campy, please don't hurt me!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 1:32:51 PM EDT
Isn't he and someone else waiting for a gun license of some sort for manufacturing?

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 1:53:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:31:52 PM EDT
So then does that mean I'm not that far off point? Just jumping the "gun" a little bit?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:38:03 PM EDT
We had to wait 6 months for our FFL! Were told it was "in the mail" for 4 months. Finally had to go to the ATF office to get it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2002 4:01:53 PM EDT by drjarhead]
Buying a gun for some one else is technically illegal. It is called a "strawman purchase" by the ATF and is one of the main things they are trying to crack down on. Sorry.

Now when he gets his FFL...
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:36:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drjarhead:
Buying a gun for some one else is technically illegal. It is called a "strawman purchase" by the ATF and is one of the main things they are trying to crack down on. Sorry.

There's a loophole to this problem - get Sarah Brady to make the purchase for you, in her name (like she admitted to in her book), & no one will get tagged.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:52:50 PM EDT

Well, I thought that in order to ship it to me it would have to go through a FFL, right? So then I'm still going through all the good paperwork. Which in my mind(the vast expanse it is)that would not be a "strawman purchase". But I've been wrong before.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 4:57:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 5555:

Well, I thought that in order to ship it to me it would have to go through a FFL, right? So then I'm still going through all the good paperwork. Which in my mind(the vast expanse it is)that would not be a "strawman purchase". But I've been wrong before.

Going through an FFL as you state would be fine. Guess I misunderstood.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:51:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MickeyMouse:
Yep, an waiting and waiting....

HTF long does an FFL TAKE anyway?

I am one of Campy's partners.

Now I remember you name. Sorry MickeyMouse,

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:11:51 AM EDT
Top Top