Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2002 1:15:44 PM EDT
How long can I keep my Bulgie Polymer and East German Bakelite magazines loaded with 30 rounds of 5.45x39? Should I unload the mags? I ended up with 6 full mags left that I didn't shoot.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's actually better to leave a mad fully loaded than partially loaded, the springs only get weak when not fully compressed or fully relaxed.  It's constand loading/unloading which weakens them.

Realistically, you should be able to leave the magazines loaded for several years without any serious problems.

Link Posted: 8/31/2002 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll take your word for it Templar. Campy wouldn't have made your name a topic for nothing you know

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
This will help a little with my ammo can shortage problems!

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]
dump the ammo when it really starts to bother you  no big deal
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't even worry about it.  I am sure you are an "enthusiast" that will go shooting again long before there would be any isse of spring fatigue in those mags.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top