User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if you're a wanna be Seal/Ranger/Green Beret sniper and you insist on having a 1/4 MOA rifle (that you seldom shoot past 100 yards), then the PSL is certainly not for you. The barrel isn't made from mil spec unobtainium and it is hard to mount your $3000 night vision, BDC scope on one. Certainly it would be hard to brag about your three shots touching group that you shot one time three years ago.

But if you just want a fun rifle that isn't the same as the rifles that every other tier one operator is sporting on the range, then the PSL are just the ticket. I did the gas port mod on mine (1/2 hour and .05 cents in parts) and mine throws brass about four feet to the right and is very soft shooting. I use 174 grain SMK bullets pushed by Varget and I get consistent 1.5 MOA out of my PSL.

I am glad they are bringing them back. I do wish they were a bit less expensive, but on the bright side, mine is just going to be worth more.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, if you're a wanna be Seal/Ranger/Green Beret sniper and you insist on having a 1/4 MOA rifle (that you seldom shoot past 100 yards), then the PSL is certainly not for you. The barrel isn't made from mil spec unobtainium and it is hard to mount your $3000 night vision, BDC scope on one. Certainly it would be hard to brag about your three shots touching group that you shot one time three years ago.

But if you just want a fun rifle that isn't the same as the rifles that every other tier one operator is sporting on the range, then the PSL are just the ticket. I did the gas port mod on mine (1/2 hour and .05 cents in parts) and mine throws brass about four feet to the right and is very soft shooting. I use 174 grain SMK bullets pushed by Varget and I get consistent 1.5 MOA out of my PSL.

I am glad they are bringing them back. I do wish they were a bit less expensive, but on the bright side, mine is just going to be worth more.
View Quote
<removed> you are the dumb one posting that in a tech forum. Take those comments back to GD. I usually don't give an warning for this, your lucky day. dryflash3
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]

I’m sure they will sell, but there are some seriously awesome guns out there for $2k, and if I had the money to burn, a PSL would be at the very bottom of that list.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

<snip> see original post. dryflash3
View Quote
M

Well I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Sorry about that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

you are the dumb one posting that in a tech forum. Take those comments back to GD. I usually don't give an warning for this, your lucky day. dryflash3
View Quote
<Removed> obviously you don't know what a tech forum is. Here are the rules,

SPECIFIC TO THE TECH FORUMS
The tech forums (Ar15,AK47,Handgun,Armory,Training,Outdoors) are more "formal" and actions permitted in the GD forum aren't permitted there. These forums are there to share information and as a result, trolling, heated arguments,insulting others,etc won't be ignored.

Doesn't matter if you could be right, it's the insulting way you said it.

That doesn't fly in a tech forum period.

I  suggest you stop posting in this thread and brush up on the Conduct Code.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Back on topic...

Quoted:
There was only a small number of them brought in on the shipment . The price was a bit rich for our comfort zone so we passed on picking them up but am sure they may appeal to some shooters that are looking to add one to their collection. Even though the price is not the best it is good to see some other Import options offered.
View Quote
Hopefully Century bring in container-loads, and vendors can drive a harder bargain.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’m sure they will sell, but there are some seriously awesome guns out there for $2k, and if I had the money to burn, a PSL would be at the very bottom of that list.
View Quote
I agree.  They're interesting, but not a good value.  I wish I had bought one when they were cheap.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m not sure why you’d be laughing since those people are spending their own money.

Do I think it’s silly to pay $100,000+ for a car?  Yup.  But if someone can afford it and they conclude it’s worth that much to them, more power to ‘em.  Ultimately the “correct” price for just about anything is whatever a voluntary seller and voluntary buyer agree it is.

Beside, when I paid $830 for a SGL-31 several years ago, plenty of people laughed at the “rip-off” price.  Nowadays those same people are complaining that these SGL’s can routinely fetch $1,500+.

Not a ton imported + strong interest = price appreciation
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s true.

But I suspect the type of people interested in this rifle, aren’t interested in it for its stellar accuracy.  They just want a PSL.  And on the secondary market an unfired PSL would likely fetch close to $2,000...which is probably how they priced these.

You don’t stay in business by trying to lowball yourself.  You stay in business by selling things for the maximum amount enough people will pay.  I doubt Century will have any problem unloading these for $2,000.  Then, 10 years from now, we’ll all be complaining about $3,000 PSL’s.
Nope... Some of us will be laughing at the people paying that much.

I might be willing to pay around $2,000 for a Zastava M76, but never a PSL... Then again, 1.5 MOA commands a better premium than 3 MOA.
I’m not sure why you’d be laughing since those people are spending their own money.

Do I think it’s silly to pay $100,000+ for a car?  Yup.  But if someone can afford it and they conclude it’s worth that much to them, more power to ‘em.  Ultimately the “correct” price for just about anything is whatever a voluntary seller and voluntary buyer agree it is.

Beside, when I paid $830 for a SGL-31 several years ago, plenty of people laughed at the “rip-off” price.  Nowadays those same people are complaining that these SGL’s can routinely fetch $1,500+.

Not a ton imported + strong interest = price appreciation
When I bought an SAR-1 in 2001 for $390 everybody on here said I got ripped off lol. That same sar-1 will sell much higher now, I also bought a PSL for $799 in 2008
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When I bought an SAR-1 in 2001 for $390 everybody on here said I got ripped off lol. That same sar-1 will sell much higher now, I also bought a PSL for $799 in 2008
View Quote
I actually bought my SAR-3 earlier this year for $450. I couldn't pass it up. I got the FSB with threads/bayo lug for it and the proper hammer then got it all converted back. Thankfully the person who had it before looked like they never shot it that much if any, so the bolt isn't mangled from CA throwing the wrong hammer in them.  I cant complain. i also got my PSL a few years ago with 2 scopes (8x and 4x) for $1100. Love both of them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Delete this whoops.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Supply and Demand...   The ones here already are bringing the 2k because more were not coming.  Now more are coming in so the 2k will not hold.  The same thing with the SAR guns etc.  Hell SKS's wouldn't cost $400-$500 now if the imports of good ones were steady.

I see prices of these dropping off until this batch goes dry then the prices will run back up.  Anyone who follows Colt 1911 38 Supers has seen the model time and time again.  A certain Super stays on shelves and takes forever to sell at which point they are sold a a clearance price.  A few months later the price on those ugly ass nobody wants supers rises to astronomical levels because getting one from first source is no longer an option and all of the samples are in 2nd sourcing hands.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine in 2009 for ~ $650. Still have it and stocked up on a helluva lot of mags when they were no more than $20 - $30.

$2000??!!
A fool and his money are soon departed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought that the Romanians no longer produced the PSL?

Are these being picked from existing stock piles?  
If that is the case the subsequent rifle imports are only going to be even less of a value for the price paid.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I thought that the Romanians no longer produced the PSL?

Are these being picked from existing stock piles?  
If that is the case the subsequent rifle imports are only going to be even less of a value for the price paid.
View Quote
Supposedly all the tooling was destroyed . Then I read another company bought the tooling from cugir and is making these for export .

It’ll be interesting to see who’s making these if not Cugir and the new company’s skill set to produce a quality product .  The reciever will tell us soon .
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top