Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2017 11:59:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Saving people from having to click the link to see what this cryptic post is about:

2017 Rifle Dynamics Red Oktober Kalashnikov Championship SUPS open

Match starts: October 28, 2017 @ 12:00 AM · Match ends: October 29, 2017 @ 12:00 AM

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would love to go but will just be getting back from hunting and will be flying out to LA

Some year maybe. I've watched the videos from the last one and some guys run the matches with some odd builds, or the junkiest AK they can find. Looks fun
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
RPK or you're capitalist weakling.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
It does look like fun
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I missed last years match. Been looking forward to this years since I signed up in the spring.

Norinco SKS with 20 "star" mag and red dot for the win!
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I missed last years match. Been looking forward to this years since I signed up in the spring.

Norinco SKS with 20 "star" mag and red dot for the win!
View Quote
Last year was fun as hell and I suspect this year is going to be better!  Glad to see someone else shooting it.  Everyone that appreciates this platform should shoot this match at least once!

My buddy loaned me one of these:

Before the post police show up, this is a Joe Firearms AJAK.

Pretty nice rifle for what little experience I have with AK's
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Wish I could go, Ian and Karl from Inrange attended and took some videos last year. From the looks of it there were costume'd themed AK operators which is what made it fun.

Quoted:
RPK or you're capitalist weakling.
View Quote
Ugh, I wish century and Crugir would get the ball rolling and bring in some RPKs without the adjustable bi-pods. But Bulgarian/Kvar RPKs would be amazing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Does someone have more information on what the match is?  I'm close enough to go but is it worth it?  What are the stages?  Are you supposed to have gear?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#9]
look up last years event on youtube, It was a freaking blast!!! I'm supposed to go this year, but might have to cancel due to work....
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does someone have more information on what the match is?  I'm close enough to go but is it worth it?  What are the stages?  Are you supposed to have gear?
View Quote
If ur close to it, I'd go if I were you. It's an AK only themed shoot, and seems like it's fun with the different scenerios where an AK would be used.

Last year's stages varied between cartel drug tunnel smuggler and soviet Afghanistan ambush if I remember correctly. Look them up in youtube, chanel "Inrangetv".

This is what u take and what group you will shoot with.

Divisions: 
Open - Any Kalashnikov or variant rifle, no limitation on accessories. 
Light Kalashnikov - Kalashnikov or variant chambered in 5.45/5.56, iron sights only, 30 round magazine.
Heavy Kalashnikov - Kalashnikov or variant chambered in 7.62x39, iron sights only, 30 round magazine.
ComBloc - any rifle issued by a Warsaw Pact or ChiCom nation (to include submachineguns)
Armored - Open, but you have to wear front/rear rifle-rated armor plates for the duration of the match.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, it's worth it.  Lots of running and gunning, with the furthest target around 125 yards. It is a two day 8 stage match.  You will shoot 4 stages on each day followed by a shoot off and random draw prize table at the end.  

There will also be several vendors with nice guns and free ammo to shoot. The RPK stage gun was cool to shoot.

As far as gear goes... Bring an AK, 3 mags, and ammo and you are good to go.  Obviously a mag holder may help.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m in squad 10.  Just got into competitive shooting this year.  Big fan of inrangeTV.  Got inspired by those guys to give it a go.  

Will be using a Galil ACE 7.62x39.

I think it is going to be an awesome time!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’m in squad 10.  Just got into competitive shooting this year.  Big fan of inrangeTV.  Got inspired by those guys to give it a go.  

Will be using a Galil ACE 7.62x39.

I think it is going to be an awesome time!
View Quote
Sweet! The parties at night ought to be interesting.  If you are new to competition take advantage of one of those clinics Ken and Brian are running.  It will be worth it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sweet! The parties at night ought to be interesting.  If you are new to competition take advantage of one of those clinics Ken and Brian are running.  It will be worth it.
View Quote
Indeed.  I’m looking forward to checking out those clinics.  I think it’s going to be a fun weekend.  I want to find a good deal on a 5.45 AK.  Have never had one and hope there are good deals to be had.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#15]
squad 12.
I broke my SKS last Friday night during dry practice. Something has failed in the trigger group. Oh well...

Switched to Light Kalash and using my Zastava M90NP to M21S-5 clone-ish rifle instead.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
squad 12.
I broke my SKS last Friday night during dry practice. Something has failed in the trigger group. Oh well...

Switched to Light Kalash and using my Zastava M90NP to M21S-5 clone-ish rifle instead.
View Quote
Based on my research and experience, the disconnector is the weakest link in the SKS trigger group. It can bend or break needing adjustment or replacement. You can buy a new disconnector for around $10 or a complete trigger assembly that will fit any SKS (Chinese, Russian, Yugo) for about $125.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Based on my research and experience, the disconnector is the weakest link in the SKS trigger group. It can bend or break needing adjustment or replacement. You can buy a new disconnector for around $10 or a complete trigger assembly that will fit any SKS (Chinese, Russian, Yugo) for about $125.  
View Quote
Kinda what I figured diagnosing the thing. I could get it to drop the hammer with the trigger group out of the rifle, but installed it wont fire.  This rifle was bubba hacked trigger job'd in the past. Already replaced the springs and sear to make it a safe rifle.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#18]
How did everyone do?

I was 44th in overall, and 19th in OPEN KALASH division, 1st and only in OPEN KALASH TROOPER, and 2nd in HOMEMADE.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How did everyone do?

I was 44th in overall, and 19th in OPEN KALASH division, 1st and only in OPEN KALASH TROOPER, and 2nd in HOMEMADE.
View Quote
Congratulations! 
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I came out pretty good.  2nd Place in Open and 4th Overall!  Could have done without that damn reloading press....pfft!  

My buddy shot his modified Joe Firearms VZ58 in Combloc and won the whole damn thing, shoot off and all!

This is a sample of what we faced.

Stage 7  “Berlin”
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I came out pretty good.  2nd Place in Open and 4th Overall!  Could have done without that damn reloading press....pfft!  

My buddy shot his modified Joe Firearms VZ58 in Combloc and won the whole damn thing, shoot off and all!

This is a sample of what we faced.

Stage 7  “Berlin”
View Quote
Very nice. How did you do on the thrown out Stage 8?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very nice. How did you do on the thrown out Stage 8?
View Quote
I think I shot it in 27 seconds.  Some guy in my squad shot it in 22.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top