Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2017 12:57:08 PM EDT
Basically, put an VEPR FM on layaway a few days before they dropped the ban, layer if off last week only to get a phone call 20 minutes ago to say there was an inventory error (some stupid shit behind the counter sold my rifle in the buying frenzy).

I haven't been in the AK arena in 10 years. I'd like a new parts rifle that has a finish that won't fall off and a reputation for good AK accuracy.

What you got Atlantic?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Whoa.... way to shit the bed buds. That is some straight terrible customer service.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Crappy. Sorry OP that sucks

I never seem to hear anything good about Buds, but then I guess people don't come online with happy stories either
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite part is how it took me paying it off to find this out...

I guess I'm gonna buy a Mossberg SA-20 Tactical from them so I can get the 40 dollars and then they can fuck right off.

Maybe Atlantic won't sell a WPB Polska out from under me once I put it on layaway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they owe you more than an apology. I've bought from Buds before and never had any trouble. But your situation is unique, in that what you put on layaway can't be re-ordered or replaced.

What have they offered you, other than a refund? Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Buds doesn't care about you or any other individual, their brick and mortar location is no better.

It's also a GFZ.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they owe you more than an apology. I've bought from Buds before and never had any trouble. But your situation is unique, in that what you put on layaway can't be re-ordered or replaced.

View Quote
A refund and a 40 dollar credit.

If they'd have let me know two months ago, I wouldn't be upset, shit happens but I've had too much time to think about the lovely recoil impulse of shooting a 7.62 AK again as well as knowing I was getting a great rifle built right.

I'd have honestly taken an Arsenal Sam-7 in exchange but they wouldn't do it straight. Finish probably would've baked off anyway...

Sigh. Should've kept the old Post ban SLR-95 with the butthile stock I had in '98.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a sa20 tactical. Its not worth that high retail. 250 tops! A 870 compact jr. With a plus 2 is far better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope they screw up like that and don't go simply overboard making it better they don't get any more of my money

Go Atlantic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope they screw up like that and don't go simply overboard making it better they don't get any more of my money

Go Atlantic.
View Quote
Thought about getting them to send me a SA MC Operator instead but I need that AK in my life...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about what happened to your layaway with Buds , Atlantic try's to avoid that issue by physically pulling the item at the time of the order and placing it in a separate layaway section and then placing a tag with the clients info taped to the box. That helps avoid unfortunate issues like this from happening. If we did have a issue like this we would have went out of our way to move the client into another product at a apologetic discounted price for the mistake.
View Quote
I've got a hard case of wants for that WBP GC1 when you get more.

Kinda debating one of the Riley rifles to beat the shit out to see how it holds up too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had a sa20 tactical. Its not worth that high retail. 250 tops! A 870 compact jr. With a plus 2 is far better.
View Quote
What were your complaints with it? MY shoulder is screwed right now and wanna try a 20ga semi.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Arsenal sam series is better anyways.  Only thing cool with vepr is it says made in russia
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I had the same thing happen with a VEPR12 Layaway at buds two weeks ago.  Refund and $50 credit.

I have done over 10 layaways with Buds.  2 have had this problem.  The other was a very limited edition Glock.  

Bottom line, Buds is happy to Layaway non-limited items and keep the promise.  But they will sell unusual guns right out from under you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Your experience sucks.  I've had nothing but good/expected experiences from them myself.  I'll often even use their site to barter with the local guys.  

Hope that kinda crap doesn't become the norm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Buy the Atlantic build WBP with the Childers receiver. I don't own one, I have a VEPR FM, if I didn't or if I had some extra cash to spend right now, that WBP build with the Radom CHF barrel and Childers receiver would be where my $$ would go. $.02
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Buds doesn't care about you or any other individual...
View Quote
Yeah, this is what I was thinking too from nearly everything I have read online.  I have bought from them before, but it was just slow.  I got my rifle, but it was the slowest online purchase/shipping/transfer I have had to put up with yet.

They probably never even had the rifle and planned to get one to fill the order when they needed it (after it was paid off).  Pay-off time came, and they couldn't get one.  That lines up with the "drop-ship and never have to warehouse anything" business model they have been accused of in the past.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#18]
At best, a brainless minimum wage employee sold it without realizing it was on hold for a layaway sale. At worst, they had a customer who was willing to pay $200 more in cash, than the OP's agreed upon price, so they sold it at the inflated price.  GARY
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#19]
One of Bud's employees probably bought it. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What were your complaints with it? MY shoulder is screwed right now and wanna try a 20ga semi.
View Quote
I too started messing around with 20ga after my shoulder surgery. The sa20 required at least 1oz loads and fps above 1200 to be reliable. So dirt cheap ammo will choke the gun from time to time. And its Turkish made so i believe it has to have parts changed to "legally" add a plus 2. Even if Im not understanding 922 correctly its still Turkish made so replacement parts can be a issue. I wish mossberg would make a 930 20ga in a tactical format. Anyways.... i love the 870 compact jr. With my plus 2. It makes a very light and compact 7rd 20ga. Still not as compact as my 8in saiga 12 folder, but that hurts to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
One of Bud's employees probably bought it. 
View Quote
my thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I too started messing around with 20ga after my shoulder surgery. The sa20 required at least 1oz loads and fps above 1200 to be reliable. So dirt cheap ammo will choke the gun from time to time. And its Turkish made so i believe it has to have parts changed to "legally" add a plus 2. Even if Im not understanding 922 correctly its still Turkish made so replacement parts can be a issue. I wish mossberg would make a 930 20ga in a tactical format. Anyways.... i love the 870 compact jr. With my plus 2. It makes a very light and compact 7rd 20ga. Still not as compact as my 8in saiga 12 folder, but that hurts to shoot.
View Quote
God, I'd snatch up a 930 SPX in 20 in a heartbeat.

I think 20ga will be the next big trend though. It's just as capable for SD purposes as the 12 with Proper buckshot loads. Slugs are just as effective in the 20.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish federal made buck with flight control wad in 20ga! Cause if you haven't tried it in 12ga trust me it is the shit! Out of my siaga sbs it puts a fist size hole through the paper at 15yds. My buddy shot some out of his 18in maverick and i swear it was even tighter then my fist at 15yds from that gun.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I've heard of this happening before, it seems Bud's does not consider a firearm on layaway sold and will sell the inventory down to 0. My local FFL does the same thing as Atlantic does and moves whatever you picked out to his vault. Bud's says they secure one but this happens quite often if you look at some reviews for them.

I've never used layaway but if I did it would NOT be through Bud's.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wish federal made buck with flight control wad in 20ga! Cause if you haven't tried it in 12ga trust me it is the shit! Out of my siaga sbs it puts a fist size hole through the paper at 15yds. My buddy shot some out of his 18in maverick and i swear it was even tighter then my fist at 15yds from that gun.
View Quote
I've got a 500 stoked with the #1 low recoil load right now. I dread actually having to shoot it right now. My left shoulder is trash.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:54:08 AM EDT
[#26]
This has happened to me at least twice with Buds.  On the last one, Buds gave me a small coupon to use on the next purchase, but it is much less than the 10% I would have paid if I cancelled.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Unbelievable how many of you guys have had the same issue. Looks like they won't be getting any more of my business.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've got a 500 stoked with the #1 low recoil load right now. I dread actually having to shoot it right now. My left shoulder is trash.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love shotguns and I would take one of my shotguns over any of my battle rifles (and I have some very highend rifles and shotguns)
One of the shotguns I had but sold off was a sgl41 which is the factory built saiga 410 in a ak74 configuration. 10,15 and 30rd mags are available,  3in 410 buck out of a long barrel (not some weakass taurus judge crap) is nothing to sneeze at. A hot 3in shell is like 5 38spls flying at something at once and that gun had 10/22 type recoil. While sgl41 dont grow on trees a saiga 410 seem to still be available. If you end up looking at that contact me as I still have a factory 10rd izmash mag.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#29]
That is fucking shady shit by Buds. 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That is fucking shady shit by Buds. 
View Quote
+1 

especially when they charge a fee if you cancel the lay away.  

no buds for me ever 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#31]
If they tried charging a fee, I'd have completely lost my shit.

I'm gonna buy a shotgun and wipe my hands clean of them this week.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#32]
AKOU ran the psa ak through its paces and actually liked it. Psa sells the blems for 450 every now and then. Snag one of those and a nice shotgun for what you were gonna pay for the vepr. I had a fm11 and traded it new in box for a new in box 107fr. Both are nice but the vepr is really heavy
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, the woman on the phone was really apologetic...so there's that.

I think I've gotten myself talked into the WPB CG1 rifle Atlantic has whenever they get more in stock to buy any other rifle right now.

Still gonna give the SA-20 ago. I bought a variety of 20ga shells this afternoon so I'll probably have that in a week or so.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Basically, put an VEPR FM on layaway a few days before they dropped the ban, layer if off last week only to get a phone call 20 minutes ago to say there was an inventory error (some stupid shit behind the counter sold my rifle in the buying frenzy).

I haven't been in the AK arena in 10 years. I'd like a new parts rifle that has a finish that won't fall off and a reputation for good AK accuracy.

What you got Atlantic?
View Quote

you're not the only one. Buds screwed me out of one of the REGULAR VEPR's with the thumbhole stock last month. I grabbed one for $799 before they were gone, but they told me that they "sold out" of them way too fast, after keeping my money for over a month. You at least got a "we're sorry" email, I just got the "this product has been sold" email. I went out and bought a WASR instead. My next one will probably the WBP classic regular or the Childer one.... both of the WBPs looks bad ass. I went to jump on that Scratch and dent one they had for a few days and waited too long deciding. I was in the middle of adding it to my cart and it got bought out....

I knew I should have stayed away from buds (they screwed me once before on a 1911) but they were one of the last places to have any at the time and I bit. sucked that I used the "pay with e-check" instead of credit card, so I had to wait weeks for the refund to hit my bank account

honestly I don't think you can go wrong with an Atlantic build. I had a local guy show me his WBP and the fit and finish is incredible. The receiver looks like it's built like a tank and the accuracy was great (for an AK, we're not talking sub moa here or anything). I've been looking at their romanian and polish builds and honestly really liking what I see. I say take Atlantic up on their offer
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#37]
The WBP rifles look great in every picture I've seen. If we can keep getting cheap parts kits here, I might invest in the tools and start putting together my own because I like wasting money and learning how to half ass do things.

I'm still tempted to get a WASR just because they're cheap right now and I've got all this ammo and some Gen 3 PMAG's to abuse in a rifle.

Wish I kept the surplus mags I used to have...a mix of Romanian and East German maybe? Maybe some Chinese too...I can't remember I just know I got rid of them for next to nothing...
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The WBP rifles look great in every picture I've seen. If we can keep getting cheap parts kits here, I might invest in the tools and start putting together my own because I like wasting money and learning how to half ass do things.

I'm still tempted to get a WASR just because they're cheap right now and I've got all this ammo and some Gen 3 PMAG's to abuse in a rifle.

Wish I kept the surplus mags I used to have...a mix of Romanian and East German maybe? Maybe some Chinese too...I can't remember I just know I got rid of them for next to nothing...
View Quote
first rule of gunning. never get rid of mags. EVER lol
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#39]
You lost me at layaway
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dev , if you shoot us an email with your contact info we will make sure you are contacted when the next shipment arrives and we will go a step further and hook you up with a sorry Buds screwed you discount .

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/polishchildrifle%20(1%20of%201).jpg
View Quote
I added my email to the list to be notified on your website but yeah, lemme do this too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I added my email to the list to be notified on your website but yeah, lemme do this too.
View Quote
Nice, hopefully you get the email. Ive never gotten any of the stock alert emails I've signed up for at Atlantic
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Knowing my stupid ass, I'll probably have spent the money on some other stupid idea by the time they get them in stock...
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Buy a atlantic gift card.... locks you into it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What you got Atlantic?
View Quote

So you know what really happened, right?

They just chose to sell your gun for the post ban price instead of honoring the layaway price and hope that refunding your money and an apology would suffice.

It wouldn't be worth it to sue, but you actually suffered a loss in terms of increase in value due to their screw up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My favorite part is how it took me paying it off to find this out...

I guess I'm gonna buy a Mossberg SA-20 Tactical from them so I can get the 40 dollars and then they can fuck right off.

Maybe Atlantic won't sell a WPB Polska out from under me once I put it on layaway.
View Quote
They were hoping you wouldn't and they could claim you failed to complete the layaway contract.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I ordered from Buds once....

Once..!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Whelp, ordered a Mossberg SA-20 and used the 40 bucks from them...now I can go back to pretending they don't exist. Or forget all about this in a year and buy a Springfield MC Operator from them...
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I wouldn't hesitate to buy the SAM7, or SLR107 if they wont give you a break on the later.  The finish stories are a way over-exaggerated.  I have a SAM7, with about 2000 rounds through it and I dont have any finish issues (and I've gotten it pretty hot a few times this summer).  You'll get excellent machining, fantastic service life, and great accuracy...good trade even if you do have a finish issue.  If it ever happened to me, I'd just steel wool it, rub down with alcohol, and respray with heat paint.  Very easy to do....it's only ever happened on the barrel and gasblock and really I think a few had oil on them when they were painted.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I've had some sorry ass experience with Buds three times, (I know three times too many) and will never buy from them again. Ever.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top