Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 9:07:39 PM EDT
At the last local show I saw a very good-looking AK tagged as an 'AK63'. It had reproduction Hungarian-type blonde wood pistol grip and hand guards. I believe it was an under-folder, but the main thing was a milled receiver. I've never picked up a milled AK before and I certainly see why they developed the stamped receiver - that thing was like lead! If I had to guess I'd say while it may have a few FEG parts on/in it, basically its a USA receiver and barrel, along with the wood. The wood was nice but a different kind of wood than the real Hungarian. Still, the rifle looked good and got my attention. I just didn't remember who made it. Seems like it was about $700.
ETA: Forgot to mention it was on a big dealer's table, a new rifle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man, I appreciate that!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
New at 700 was a good deal. The 63d is very hard to find and I paid 650 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Century Arms AK63D.  Fun rifle! No cants, smooth action, decent trigger.

I think it looks badass.

Mine weighs 7 lbs, 12 oz. with no magazine.  

Light compared to my 10lb, 14oz. .308 AR.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Century Arms AK63D.  Fun rifle! No cants, smooth action, decent trigger.

I think it looks badass.

http://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/small/16/16_received_10213038333739052.jpeg

Mine weighs 7 lbs, 12 oz. with no magazine.  

Light compared to my 10lb, 14oz. .308 AR.
View Quote
Now I could not tell by the picture but You need 1 of these. http://whatacountry.com/ak-47-sling-leather.aspx

At least it is less in cost than the 20 rnd tanker mags. I LOVE  the blonde wood.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Stopped by a LGS yesterday and saw a stamped receiver AK63D in the rack. Looked like Hungarian UF parts kit with american barrel & receiver. The barrel didn't appear to be chrome lined.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stopped by a LGS yesterday and saw a stamped receiver AK63D in the rack. Looked like Hungarian UF parts kit with american barrel & receiver. The barrel didn't appear to be chrome lined.
View Quote
Like this?  https://www.classicfirearms.com/century-ak63ds-7-62-ak-underfolder
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
That's the one.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top