Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2016 3:50:23 PM EDT
I had pre-ordered these a little while ago and finally got my notice that they arrived from overseas (Netherlands I think?). Anyway I'm really looking forward to checking it out and I'll let you guys know more about it when they arrive. As of right now they're only available to those that pre-ordered, but I was told that they will be offered to the general public at some point. Cost for the three volume set was $199 for the pre-order. I don't know if they'll stay that price once they hit the streets.

UPDATE: The set arrived and I can easily say that they're more than worth the asking price. The books cover all known countries and variants of the AK as well as designs that have AK-like features like the Robinson Arms XCR, Sig 55X series, FN FNC, etc. The section on Russia takes up half of an entire book itself. Even more surprising was the section on the US, which takes up a little under half of an entire book. The US section covers all AK's/derivatives that have been available and are currently available here, to include Waffen Werks, IO, Century, and the earliest of imports and domestic productions. Every model shown has clear color pictures to go with them, along with a description along the lines of the Blue Book of Gun Values, but they don't mention prices (obviously). So essentially, if there were ever a specific model of AK you were interested in and wanted to see specs, history, and clear photos of then this will definitely fill that need. If you're just looking for a general history and catalogue of various country AK models, then I would still recommend "The Grim Reaper". This book is definitely for those that are REALLY into the AK, and would be great for people trying to build less than common variants or a certain experimental model of AK. Also, I'm not sure if it's regulated to the pre-order, but the set I received was signed by the author. A very nice touch that I didn't have to pay extra for unlike my copies of "The Grim Reaper".

Link to the pre-order.

ETA: Just saw this pic which shows some really good closeups of the AKMSU.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm my study needs these... Let us know how they are please
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Definitely will. What makes me mad is here's this three volume series with over 3,000 pages and over 5,000 photos (all color) for $199, and my one 800 page book for school this semester is $350. Buncha bull sheet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Expensive, but it certainly looks like a quality offering.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 would love a set for the book shelf if they are a good reference material.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this cover all countries that manufactured AK's and AKM's?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does this cover all countries that manufactured AK's and AKM's?
View Quote

To my knowledge, yes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Update in the OP. I'm really digging the set.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Just curious, is the Galil in there ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just curious, is the Galil in there ?
View Quote

Yes. I'll let you know how large of a section it is when I get home.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]
So the sets cover Egyptian and Hungarian made AKs?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely need this in my life! Is it being published in limited numbers?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So the sets cover Egyptian and Hungarian made AKs?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
That would be an awesome addition to any firearm library. Thanks for the preview.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I received my copy last week.  Its unbelievable how much information these three books contain.  It has very detailed photographs and descriptions of just about every single AK variant and AK influenced design ever made, even showing rare North Korean and Albanian models, among others.

It even has detailed info on US made AKs post AWB.

If you are interested in the AK platform, this set is well worth the money.  

I don't see how the author was able to even make a list of all the different models shown in the text, let alone find and photograph them all.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top