Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/11/2011 6:12:29 AM EDT
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum.  I found this thread through Google, and this is a re-post from the other thread about Koraynovich Arms.

Here's what happened to me.  I purchased a new Koraynovich Arms Russian model AK-47 on Oct. 18, 2010 from a local FFL gun dealer in Reno, NV - Weaver Arms.  I'd purchased quite a few guns through Weaver Arms, and the problem is not with him, it's with Koraynovich.

When I took a close look at the gun at home, there were several defects in workmanship that I saw -  the gas piston tube was loose and rattled, plus the lower forend mounting ring was crooked relative to the barrel.

I emailed Koraynovich at the [email protected] email address provided with the documentation for this rifle, and sent photos and a short video of the problems with the email.  After a couple of emails, I got a response back from Joseph Raynovic saying that yes, the gun was defective and he would send a mailing slip to have me Fedex it back to them for repairs.  I had to send the gun back through Weaver Arms (since Fedex required an FFL for shipping a gun).  All of this happened at the end of October.

Since then I have heard NOTHING further from Koraynovich Arms.  In early December, 2010, Jim Weaver contacted Koraynovich and they told him that my gun was shipped back on 12-3-2010.  But, nothing arrived.  

After that contact, neither Jim Weaver of Weaver Arms or I have been able to get in touch with Koraynovich Arms.  Several emails I sent to Koraynovich have gone unanswered.   I called the phone number for Koraynovich Arms   - 623-224-7087 -  and left several messages, all of which went unanswered.  As of several days ago, that phone number no longer takes voicemail as the voicemailbox is full.

Jim Weaver tells me that he had placed orders for a number of additional AK-47s with Koraynovich, and that these rifles have not turned up either.  He has also been unable to get in touch with them.

I filed a complaint with the BBB of Central, Northern & Western Arizona (Phoenix area) on Jan. 3.  Yeah, probably pretty futile, but mostly I wanted to know if Koraynovich Arms was even still in business.   I also emailed this question to Atlantic Firearms, which is probably the largest dealer for Koraynovich Arms' AK-47s.   I had purchase another AK-47, the Koraynovich Polish folder version from Atlantic, and hoped they would tell me what was going on.  So far, no answer from Atlantic either.

I am hoping against hope that everything will turn out just fine, that this is just some glitch and eventually my AK-47 will get shipped back to me, fully repaired,  as promised.

But, for about a month now, the people behind this company have become completely unresponsive and seem to have disappeared.  I don't know if they fell ill, were killed or injured in an accident, or they just decided to become criminals and abscond with everybody's money and flee the country.   For sure, they are not behaving like they have the ability to keep this company going as an ongoing and successful business.  Not answering and not even clearing out their voicemail sounds like nobody is even paying attention to the main company phone number.

Until somebody comes up with more information about the status of Koraynovich Arms or until somebody there starts fixing things up again, I can only say that things look pretty grim for this company and for me ever getting my $800+ AK-47 back from them.  I hope that's not the case, but in the meantime, until they reappear and start answering their email and phone calls, I would advise staying away from this company.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Not good.

As for the original rifle that was allegedly shipped back to you on Dec. 3, a simple FedEx tracking # would clear that issue up real quick.  Although, I suppose that to get a FedEx tracking #, the company actually has to return your emails and phone calls.

When did you email Atlantic?  They are usually pretty fast and responsive.  You might want to call them instead.  They should be able provide some details about what, if anything, is going on with Koraynovich right now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, and I received a ration of sh*t here when I questioned about the guy from this company having a connection to Lancaster Arms.  Oh, well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2011 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe all the guys who said they're Lancaster with a different name were right.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard the guy left the Lancester, because he didn't want to work with them. Maybe he just wanted to sell better rifles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm, and I received a ration of sh*t here when I questioned about the guy from this company having a connection to Lancaster Arms.  Oh, well.

I remember that - funny thing is you where not the only person asking tough questions about this company but for some reason you where singled out. I recall Atlantic getting a little frustrated with the questions.

call me what you want the hole think was fishy for me right from the start. Lancaster not selling to the public, this company shows up oh well guess no need to type all this out what I had wanted to

Link Posted: 1/18/2011 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Was there ever any resolution to this?  Is Koraynovich answering their phones and shipping product?  Are they still a going concern?

ETA: I called their number this morning out of curiosity.  They still have a full voicemail box.

Seems like something either happened to the owner, or they went belly-up and forgot to tell anyone.  I recall someone (I think it was MAK) posting a link to another forum, where a guy had visited the premises of Koraynovich and been unimpressed.  He said it was a hole in the wall and he picked up "a bad vibe" about the place.

Given all the coincidences pointed out months ago, and now this, it makes me wonder if perhaps this really was a Lancaster shell company as speculated months ago?  For certain, something smells fishy.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Seems like something either happened to the owner, or they went belly-up and forgot to tell anyone.  I recall someone (I think it was MAK) posting a link to another forum, where a guy had visited the premises of Koraynovich and been unimpressed.  He said it was a hole in the wall and he picked up "a bad vibe" about the place.

It was from arizonashooting.com

Link Posted: 2/12/2011 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a followup:

Shortly after that last post, I did call Atlantic Firearms and spoke with a customer service rep.  He was not too forthcoming with information other than to say that they were still able to get in contact with Koraynovich.  He did not think they had gone bankrupt.  I told him the story of my difficulties and he said he would bring it up at their next business meeting (Atlantic Firearms).  Later that week, when I again called Koraynovich, somebody actually answered the phone!  The man on the phone was very apologetic and said they had fixed everything and he wanted to make everything right for me, and that they would be shipping the AK back to Weaver Arms.

Great!  I was really happy...  and then I waited...  and waited...

Again, no answer to phone calls and emails.  I waited for almost a month.  

Early this week, I sent Koraynovich an email threatening to contact the Arizona Attorney General and others.  Finally I get a response, again very apologetic.  Joe Raynovich said in the email they had just shipped the AK back to Weaver Arms.

Yesterday (Friday Feb. 11) the gun arrived at Weaver Arms.  They have fixed everything, looks like a new barrel, new muzzle brake, new gas piston shroud, with the same receiver (and serial number) as before.   The gun looks and works great.

Today, I took it out to the Nevada Regional Shooting Facility and test it, along with the Polish folder AK-47 (also a Koraynovich product) I got from Atlantic Firearms.   Both guns shoot and function well.  

So, it looks like the answer to my question is yes, Koraynovich is still in business.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a followup:

Shortly after that last post, I did call Atlantic Firearms and spoke with a customer service rep.  He was not too forthcoming with information other than to say that they were still able to get in contact with Koraynovich.  He did not think they had gone bankrupt.  I told him the story of my difficulties and he said he would bring it up at their next business meeting (Atlantic Firearms).  Later that week, when I again called Koraynovich, somebody actually answered the phone!  The man on the phone was very apologetic and said they had fixed everything and he wanted to make everything right for me, and that they would be shipping the AK back to Weaver Arms.

Great!  I was really happy...  and then I waited...  and waited...

Again, no answer to phone calls and emails.  I waited for almost a month.  

Early this week, I sent Koraynovich an email threatening to contact the Arizona Attorney General and others.  Finally I get a response, again very apologetic.  Joe Raynovich said in the email they had just shipped the AK back to Weaver Arms.

Yesterday (Friday Feb. 11) the gun arrived at Weaver Arms.  They have fixed everything, looks like a new barrel, new muzzle brake, new gas piston shroud, with the same receiver (and serial number) as before.   The gun looks and works great.

Today, I took it out to the Nevada Regional Shooting Facility and test it, along with the Polish folder AK-47 (also a Koraynovich product) I got from Atlantic Firearms.   Both guns shoot and function well.  

So, it looks like the answer to my question is yes, Koraynovich is still in business.

glad you got this sorted out.

However even if they are still in business this is certainly not a way to run it.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top