Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2010 11:13:09 AM EDT
I finally went out to the range today with this new Bushnell TRS-25 that I mounted on my WASR GP 10/63. I must say for the $89 that I spent on this sight, I'm thoroughly impressed. It was a pretty bright day with the sun beaming down and I only had it set on intensity level 8 or 9 of 11. After getting it sighted in, it held true shot after shot.

I didn't try shooting at 100 yards today because I just don't find it fun with this AK setup. I don't know how you guys group so well with a 0X sight at that distance. I can't see sh!t at that kind of yardage and since I'm not preparing for a SHTF scenario, i just stuck to 50 yards. Anyway, here are some pics of of the gun and the results.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2275/ak2m.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2660/trs2.jpg

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4549/50yards2.jpg
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:32:28 AM EDT
Good to hear you like it. The TRS-25 is a good MRD for the coin.

I've had one mounted on an Ultimak for well over a year now and it never misses a beat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:43:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Liquidmetal:

I've had one mounted on an Ultimak for well over a year now and it never misses a beat.

Does the TRS-25 co-witness?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:49:49 AM EDT
Mine doesn't, but it's not the sight's fault. My choice of rail sits too high. I'm sure it would if you had a low enough rail.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:50:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By UT-ARShooter:

Yes, lower 1/3 co-witness.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:56:39 PM EDT
I've been considering picking up one of these budget RDs for one of my rimfires but haven't really looked into them too much yet.

How does the TRS-25 compare to the Primary Arms Micro Dot? Are there any pros or cons to either over the other?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:35:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By UT-ARShooter:

Looks like it would co-witness on an ultimak rail. I have a similar microdot, not the same, but dimensions appear to be the same and it co-witnesses perfectly on an ultimak.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:00:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 8:07:19 AM EDT by dntama]
Originally Posted By Imaposer2:
I've been considering picking up one of these budget RDs for one of my rimfires but haven't really looked into them too much yet.

How does the TRS-25 compare to the Primary Arms Micro Dot? Are there any pros or cons to either over the other?

Quality wise they are about the same. They each have quirks. I think the TRS-25 is supposed to have a longer battery life. I have both but have not tested the battery life. The dot on the micro dot is bigger and looks crisper but is not as bright as the TRS-25. . Also the knob onthe TRS-25 is very tight compared to the microdot and is sometime hard to turn. The diode on the TRS is at 5 o'clock while the diode on my micro dot is at 6 o'clock. Both seem to have some optical distortion with a very small field of view.

Top Top