Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:31:27 PM EDT
Does anybody make a flashlight mount that fastens to the barrel or front sight tower for AK's? I kinda want to avoid changing the stock around to fasten one there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Znich:
Not as bright as my Z5's 65 lumins, but close. Battery cap is easy to misthread, mounting is a bit of a pain at first but once on it's quite secure. Doesn't seem to affect accuracy all that much, my SLR105 shoots as well as my M4 does or better. Don't know how long the battery life is since I haven't run it til they died. For some reason mine came with a pressure switch instead of the advertised on/off.

On the whole I like it, like the look and feel its pretty durable.

Z
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the Znich as well and get well over 2hrs runtime w/a good set of NiMH rechargeables. Another nice thing is that when properly attached it doesn't interfere w/mounting a bayonet.
Tomac

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
SureFire makes a barrel mount, but I don't know the part number.  You'll have to ask a dealer.  It's probably expensive as hell too like most of their stuff.

You could do the ultimate ghetto mount, get a rail blank, cut it to size and use a couple of hose clamps (paint them black first for that tactical look) to hold it onto the barrel.

Yeah, sounds like I'm being a smart ass, but I almost did that for my AR and my WASR just to save money until I could afford something better.  Still don't have anything for my WASR yet though.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top