Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 4:36:32 PM EDT
I just wanted someone other than me to check this out to see if they see what I do...

Jump to 2:23   Russian AK with what looks like a Midwest Industries side rail, with EoTech & magnifier...

What do you think of the Russian Special Forces using USA made optics in Syria...

See some Peltor electronic ear muffs too.

You can also see another EoTech in the shoot house scene at the end...
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
War = Profits
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Same reason the Czechs were using EOTechs and some sort of forward rail mount on the VZ58 in Afghanistan 2012.....because our stuff works and is not awkward and fucked up feeling like their sights.
And same goes for Multicam, comm helmets, plate carriers and lightweight boots....all copies of what we have fielded for years.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
All those refunded EoTechs had to go somewhere.  I doubt they just destroyed perfectly good units with a little reticle fade.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All those refunded EoTechs had to go somewhere.  I doubt they just destroyed perfectly good units with a little reticle fade.
View Quote
Absolutely correct.............
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a little behind on the response but there is also what appears to be an Elcan 1.5-6 on an AK74M at the 1:52 mark.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind. I saw the video and answered my own question.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Commie propaganda... More russian BS
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I love AK's.  But I learned the hard way that Russian optics and even their reflex sights suck balls.  Sold them all and went with western optics and rds.  It is no wonder that their special forces switch to our stuff when given a chance.  It is a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love AK's.  But I learned the hard way that Russian optics and even their reflex sights suck balls.  Sold them all and went with western optics and rds.  It is no wonder that their special forces switch to our stuff when given a chance.  It is a no-brainer.
View Quote
What Russian optics and mounts did you use
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like brass cased ammo too.  The Russians probably picked it all up after the US-supplied rebels threw it down. 
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What Russian optics and mounts did you use
View Quote
Had a POSP 8x42.  I found its optics quality/FOV/eye relief subpar compared to similarly priced western optics.  Tried Rakurs-A and was very disappointed with its tritium performance at dusk/night.  For the price it demands, I expected better.  I tried another illuminated AK74 specific scope with fixed zoom, PO 3.5x21P.  While it worked okay, the thing is heavy and bulky.  Oh, did not like the eye relief either.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#12]
That 3.5 acogski ain't bad.

But compared to a different ta-11, lol.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Given how many different models the different russian companies made saying they all suck is like saying that american optics suck because the Bushnell holosight has shitty battery life and the 4x ACOG has poor eye relief.  I personally wouldnt use an Eotech if it was free, but that doesnt necessarily mean anything. Thats why theres options.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top