Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2010 12:01:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 12:03:34 PM EDT by texjames]
I got the new Dillon Blue Press catalog yesterday and on the cover is this good looking gal holding a WASR AK and it has an optic on it.
I read the discription insde and see its a Scout Scopes mount that mounts to the top of the trunion, replaces your rear sight i believe.
Well i have a Primary Arms Gen 7 Micro Dot Optic already and i ordered this mount.If ya look at the gallery pics you see it has had a notched rear
sight built into it.Anybody useing one of these...I will update when i get the mount installed.I have a Kvar KV=04S coming too...
Scout Scopes
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:43:00 PM EDT
I had one of these. No doubt they are built tough and once you have them on it makes a sturdy base for a red dot or a scope. The only thing is that it sits too damn high for my liking.

I have a underfolder and I could not get a cheek weld at all. So I had to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:50:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By atxjax:
I had one of these. No doubt they are built tough and once you have them on it makes a sturdy base for a red dot or a scope. The only thing is that it sits too damn high for my liking.

I have a underfolder and I could not get a cheek weld at all. So I had to get rid of it.

OK whoops...well i will see how i like it...might end of the EE....

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 2:58:57 PM EDT by atxjax]
It may be OK with your choice of MRD. But I can tell you right now that it will not co-witness. Good luck.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:24:27 PM EDT
It may be OK with your choice of MRD. But I can tell you right now that it will not co-witness. Good luck.

Yeah i am not worried about co-witness.Its just my have fun AK and i would like a red dot.the irons are kill'n me i am spoiled.
My go to SHTF are my dressed out AR15's...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:36:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By texjames:

Yeah i am not worried about co-witness.Its just my have fun AK and i would like a red dot.the irons are kill'n me i am spoiled.
My go to SHTF are my dressed out AR15's...

Cool. Yeah, if your just wanting a sturdy base to mount your MRD for a plinker then this will do the trick. But you may have to add something to your stock to get a good cheekweld.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 7:11:05 PM EDT by dntama]
If you want a micro mount that replaces the rear sight you can also get the Samson AK rear sight rail mount. Does not co wittness but does have a small notch that is somewhat useable as a back up sight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:33:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dntama:
If you want a micro mount that replaces the rear sight you can also get the Samson AK rear sight rail mount. Does not co wittness but does have a small notch that is somewhat useable as a back up sight.

Yeah, Samson's RSR1 is a pretty good mount. Rock solid on the rifle. I'm using one on a Yugo underfolder with a MRD.
Top Top