Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2006 4:52:42 AM EDT
Guys, I've FINALLY found an Iraqi cop with 40rd bakelite 7.62mm magazines. He wants to trade a 75rd drum for one - just need to find a drum (and I trashed one about a month ago - DAMN!!).

He says he has about 5 of them. I only say the one but whatever. Hopefully I will be able to trade him a regular 40rd magazine and some nice tactical gloves for one, then get him a drum or two for the rest. Then to get them home.... Keep your fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:32:06 AM EDT
Getting mags back will be a problem. Do not use the APO system. Trust me on that one But if you can get it into a conex box
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:13:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:40:51 AM EDT
Thanks for the info - I've actually been taking them apart when I get others and sending the bodies of them back. The springs and floor plates go individually in another box later. So all are "harmless." Not a real problem so far (knock on wood). Naturally, any 40rd magazines I get will be sent back totally stripped and thoughtfully packaged to ensure they get back.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:15:36 PM EDT
If you need any drums, let me know.. I can send some nice Russian ones from Germany.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:01:00 PM EDT
what if you tried to mail them home? i don't know how much shipping would be, but i can't imagine they'd be pulling open boxes to make sure there isn't anything evil inside
Top Top