Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 8:30:35 AM EDT
Anybody refinish their AK magazines. I've done a lot of AR-15 magazines but didn't know if there were any tricks to doing AK magazines.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really any tricks, but I do recommend Gun Coat, Alumihyde II, and Duracaot on AK mags. Duracoat is the softest of the three, but the easiest to do. Between me and my buddy, we have used all 3 and have no complaints. Just degrease the living hell out of them before you do! And then when you think you have all the grease off, do it again!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have done a few of mine with a dry moly spray that I got from work.

It is Force 842. Manufactured by LPS Laboratories.  Force 842

After baking for 30 minutes or so it comes out a real nice dark green that really looks sharp when inserted in the gun.  I am planing on doing the rest of my mags with it when I get a chance.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top