Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2002 4:12:12 AM EDT
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=139017&w=myTopicPop

posted it in AR mag forum. you guys might be able to give me more info.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a Galil 5.56mm magazine, maybe made in South Africa for the R4/R5.  Maximum capacity is 35 rds.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#2]
No question that it's a Galil mag.  I question whether it's South African tho.  It appears to be standard Israeli production.  The South African mags I've seen have a different style floor plate than the original Israeli mags.

If it is Israeli, it will probably have a small 0 stamped near the bottom of the left side. It may or may not have some stampings near the bottom of the right side.  Military surplus will, the mags imported for commercial sales usually don't have the right side stamping.  The left side zero may be very faint.

As you mentioned, the Galil mag is very well built.  Mine are over 20 years old, been used 50-60 times each, still as good as new
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top