AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm stacked pretty deep with steel mags, some BHO, most not, some Circle 10, Bakelites and rear loading 75rd drums of Bulgarian and Romanian manufacture. I wanted to pick up a few of those Bulgarian steel reinforced slab sided polymer mags, thinking weight reduction would be kind of nice in G-Codes on a belt, but after reading the reviews and them being labelled good range/training mags I'm gonna pass on those.

If I was in the market for more mags atm I'd probably pick up more of the steel Bulgarians and try to get the "milspec" ones rather than the lighter weight commercial ones.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The new production steel Bulgarians are good to go. I’ve been using them in lieu of my surplus steel for the last year, and I haven’t had any issues.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Which mags are you all buying right now?  I came across some Polish Surplus in "Good to Very Good" condition, they are about $25 bucks each.  Are you all buying polymer or metal mags, I am looking at long term reliability.

I see the Zastava BHO are going for more than $30 each on Gun Broker...  Yes, I know "Gun Broker..."  I guess some people get caught up in bidding vs looking for other online retailers that have stock for $29.95 each..

I stocked up on Okay mags for the AR, I have a few Magpull ones also but I am leaning towards metal mags for long term.

Thanks,
D
View Quote
Bulgarian steel & waffle mags, Yugo BHO & East German.  EG mags are the best steel european surplus mags I’ve used over the years. Yugo mags are very good but heavy, Hungarian, Polish, Bulgarian steel , Russian are all about the same. Romanian , Croatian usually work but are not a nice as the others. Russian Bakelite, Russian AK 103 & Bulgarian waffle mag are the best non steel mags , Bulgarian smooth side mags are good but not as solid as the pre mentioned mags. PAC & WBP mags work but I’d limit these to range work only. Haven’t tried Russian PUFGUN mags. Chinese & Gen 2 magpul mags are also decent options.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Which mags are you all buying right now?  I came across some Polish Surplus in "Good to Very Good" condition, they are about $25 bucks each.  Are you all buying polymer or metal mags, I am looking at long term reliability.

I see the Zastava BHO are going for more than $30 each on Gun Broker...  Yes, I know "Gun Broker..."  I guess some people get caught up in bidding vs looking for other online retailers that have stock for $29.95 each..

I stocked up on Okay mags for the AR, I have a few Magpull ones also but I am leaning towards metal mags for long term.

Thanks,
D
View Quote
Bulgarian steel & waffle mags, Yugo BHO & East German.  EG mags are the best steel european surplus mags I’ve used over the years. Yugo mags are very good but heavy, Hungarian, Polish, Bulgarian steel , Russian are all about the same. Romanian , Croatian usually work but are not a nice as the others. Russian Bakelite, Russian AK 103 & Bulgarian waffle mag are the best non steel mags , Bulgarian smooth side mags are good but not as solid as the pre mentioned mags. PAC & WBP mags work but I’d limit these to range work only. Haven’t tried Russian PUFGUN mags. Chinese & Gen 2 magpul mags are also decent options.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top