BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 8:36:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Now if they would just make 5.45 mags for ARs.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I've only got 8 spamcans of com-bloc 5.45 left.

I don't need Magpul 5.45 AR mags, anymore.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
For that price I'll wait for reviews. If they are like the 47 MOE mags or less than a home run I'll stick with the Tapcos which are awesome AK mags.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish they made 5.56 AK PMags.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^ THIS! ^^^
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm planning on buying a few of these and seeing how well they work with 5.56,  and if there are issues,  see if they will function properly with only a follower swap.

Even if they run downloaded to 25rd or so,  it would be great if they could easily work in SLR 106 and similar.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to see these so let's hope there are no reliability issues.  After initially offering other mags in the past, Magpul has followed with improved "Gen2" and "Gen3"……..  After spending money on bunches of  various mags, the last thing I want to see is "improved" versions.  Makes a guy feel like he's dealing with faulty equipment.  I've been through this before as I'm sure many of you have as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good to see these so let's hope there are no reliability issues.  After initially offering other mags in the past, Magpul has followed with improved "Gen2" and "Gen3"……..  After spending money on bunches of  various mags, the last thing I want to see is "improved" versions.  Makes a guy feel like he's dealing with faulty equipment.  I've been through this before as I'm sure many of you have as well.
View Quote

I don't mind what they did with the AR mags. That seemed like a natural evolution. Given their experience and easily found info on why AK mags are really strong what they did with the AK mags seems like.......well.....I think you know where I'm going with this.   I just don't get potentially tarnishing your rep for certain products just to potentially make a couple more bucks.

Although I guess not many gun owners outside of forums know the deal. They just probably think, well my AR mags and most other stuff Magpul puts out is solid.......
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use standard AR mags with 5.45 without any issues...
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many rounds do you load in a 30 round mag?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
I would be all over these

I have a bunch of the expensive Bulg waffles but would welcome an MOE or a gen3 improved version

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]
anyone know if they intend to come out with a gen 3 version for 5.45? I see in pre-order they have only MOE mags which are that are not metal reinforced. If they meet the around 25.00 price point for their gen 3 5.45x39 mags I will buy the hell out of them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope they bring these out in 20rd.
The non-metal reinforced aspect doesn't scare me.
I have Bulgarian poly's and East German Bakelite mags for my Saiga...but I have mainly used four Tapco 5.45 mags for the range, and they work great.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hope they bring these out in 20rd.
The non-metal reinforced aspect doesn't scare me.
I have Bulgarian poly's and East German Bakelite mags for my Saiga...but I have mainly used four Tapco 5.45 mags for the range, and they work great.
View Quote

I agree, both 10s and 20s will be a welcome addition. I don't care what people say about the Magpul AK mags, they seem to feed better than any other mag I've tried! If you've ever loaded mags using a Lula loader, you can instantly tell how smooth the Magpuls load/feed!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope magpul designed these to use the AK74 stripper clips. Tapco designed their 74 mag to use them.
The AK74 strip clips work really well to load Tapco or military mags.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#17]
True enough, but the Tapco mag I got with my DDI AK74 didn't work at all, so the stripping of rounds was not very important at that point.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I checked on the magpul site, and the photo of their notional AK74 magazine shows the slots for charger guide, so it would appear they are including this.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Coming spring 2017

Finally a cheap alternative to the pricey surplus 74 mags

These will sell like hotcakes,i ill be buying the sand colored ones and Rit Dying them plum
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
anyone know if they intend to come out with a gen 3 version for 5.45? I see in pre-order they have only MOE mags which are that are not metal reinforced. If they meet the around 25.00 price point for their gen 3 5.45x39 mags I will buy the hell out of them.
View Quote

They told AKOU they would have a Gen 3 model but it would be 3Q of 2017. and MSRP would be $26.99
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I still have 24 surplus AK74 mags I bought for $3 each.

Now I just need a 74
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How many rounds do you load in a 30 round mag?
View Quote

necro reply

20 usually and itll bump fire that out

any more and the taper of cases causes binding
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They told AKOU they would have a Gen 3 model but it would be 3Q of 2017. and MSRP would be $26.99
View Quote

So it sounds like that these Gen3 mags will have the steel reinforcements right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes shot them a email over a year ago asking if they would be making these and they said nothing but noted that I requested a 5.56 AK mag. I am assuming they kep a tally on what the people want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I still have 24 surplus AK74 mags I bought for $3 each.
View Quote

Now I feel like I overpaid for all my Bulgarian brown mags, Bulgarian black mags, and Russian plum mags at $6 each a few years ago.  

One day about 6 months ago, I thought, "I should pick some more of those up when they go on sale" and then had my eyes bug out when I saw what they're going for now.  Insane.

I completely held off on Magpul mags for ARs simply because they were pricey (and still are if you get the newer ones) and then saw they kept making new versions.  I'll just wait until they perfect it finally or the latest version gets really cheap, whichever comes first.  I picked up some AK MOE (all plastic) mags just for kicks, and I love them.  Flawless so far, but if they make a newer version with improvements, I'm going to feel like I was slighted somehow for being an early adopter.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Now I feel like I overpaid for all my Bulgarian brown mags, Bulgarian black mags, and Russian plum mags at $6 each a few years ago.  

One day about 6 months ago, I thought, "I should pick some more of those up when they go on sale" and then had my eyes bug out when I saw what they're going for now.  Insane.

I completely held off on Magpul mags for ARs simply because they were pricey (and still are if you get the newer ones) and then saw they kept making new versions.  I'll just wait until they perfect it finally or the latest version gets really cheap, whichever comes first.  I picked up some AK MOE (all plastic) mags just for kicks, and I love them.  Flawless so far, but if they make a newer version with improvements, I'm going to feel like I was slighted somehow for being an early adopter.  
View Quote
I bought a bunch of gen 3g pmags when they went on clearance for $6.60 each from primary arms. I believe that's below dealer cost. Gen 3's feed faster and more reliably than aluminum mags. Some of my guns cycle pretty quick and the aluminum mags have trouble keeping up. They finally advanced enough over aluminum mags that the USMC is discontinueing aluminum mag use in combat zones and only allowing gen 3 pmags.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#28]
For gods sake make a 5.56 AK mag please!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
y
Me too!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm planning on buying a few of these and seeing how well they work with 5.56,  and if there are issues,  see if they will function properly with only a follower swap.

Even if they run downloaded to 25rd or so,  it would be great if they could easily work in SLR 106 and similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which follower are you going to try in the 5.45 magpul? Magpul AR follower ?
I want to run these in my Saiga .223.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hope you guys get your mags soon, but Magpul's history is they will deliver sooner or later, just mostly later.

But I have no doubt they will run.

View Quote
"Soon" has been their BS story for a year.

I bought up commie mags to fill the gap.

They can run with their bad marketing on this one. I'm out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#32]
They updated the thread in the Magpul Industry section....

Ak74 Mags
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For gods sake make a 5.56 AK mag please!
View Quote
Being a small market I would gladly wait patiently for these.

I have about 15 Weiger mags but would really like to use something I could replace.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought three of these and so far they are working great.  I have a DDI AK-74 with magpul furniture and an AK-74 built to resemble an issue Afghanistan Soviet AK74, and the mags work fine in both of them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
^^^ THIS! ^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^ THIS! ^^^
Over the years, it's been explained until people are blue in the face that there is just not enough room in the AR15 magwell for the larger size cases of 5.45x39, 7.62x39, 6.8spc, 6.5 grendel, etc, et al, to allow enough room for the wall thickness required to make a quality polymer magazine.

Thus the enlarged magwell for the LWRCI 6.8 lower receiver and dedicated 6.8 PMag.

It's not a matter of want or market demand or anything else. No amount of complaining is going to change material science.

If you want PMags for larger case-size cartridges, put your market demand on manufacturers to follow along with the LWRCI 6.8 pattern receivers. If the receiver sets were available at a reasonable cost and someone wanted to start making 5.45 rifles with them, and could get a large enough market potential then maybe you'd get magazines.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top