Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 4:12:40 PM EDT
I am pretty new to aks and have heard they will eat just about any type of ammo, so i bought 1,000 rds of wolf fmj (green).  Took my new ak to the range today and much to my dismay the rifle jammed almost every time. (failure to feed and eject).  I had 50 rds of remington brass 7.62 so i switched to that and the rifle ran flawlessly.  anyone else had problems with wolf ammo?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the ammo FMJ or HP.  Many of the rifles will not feed the HP ammo without doing a little modifications.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You must have a cheap AK.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is the ammo FMJ or HP.  Many of the rifles will not feed the HP ammo without doing a little modifications.

Like, don't clean soo good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
How old was the Wolf ammo?

Green laquer casing Wolf has not been in production for 2-3 years now, so what you bought may be old stuff that has been tossed in a old wet storage room for a few years and then brought out to sell. If that is the case then it may be just a bad lot or a messed up lot of ammo.

I once bought 180 rounds for $14 bucks, Wolf green HP ammo, some of the bullets had tarnish and even rust on the tip, when I fired the ammo the powder on some of the rounds SPARKED when it left the barrel. Poor storeage. Your ammo may have been in humid climates and the powder got wet and some of it ruined, thus when you fire the rounds not all of the powder burned and it led to weak pressure on the bolt, not pushing it hard enough back to eject and not letting it get far enough back to properly strip another round. I reccomend buying 2-3 boxes of new Wolf FMJ ammo and trying it. If it still failes then you need to work on your AK.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That was a real good answer !!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a real good answer !!!

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top