Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2011 11:26:59 AM EDT
I have a couple thousand rounds of this stuff....I used to use it for bump fire fun. I heard it might be worth some money? I doubt anything chinese worth a crap. But does anyone know if this stuff is worth anything?
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I still kick myself for shooting all but 300 rounds of my steel core Norinco.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I doubt anything chinese worth a crap.

You are correct. Send it to me (shipping paid) and I'll dispose of it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If i remeber correctly it was in green and white boxes....i got it from our EOD...they had to to do their blows on the weekend for civilian ammo....so i got a bunch of 7.62 and 12 gauge for free....and saved them a weekend
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is Yellow box,in the old days I could buy it for $2 per 20 rd. box,I also have some on 10 rd. strippers wrapped in brown paper.

I like collecting various kinds of X39 ammo,I have a good stash of this E. German steel jacket,plastic core ammo as well.  Cycles my Chinese SKS with no problems,penetrates deep as well as tumbles in wet media pack.  Comes in 10 rd. blister packs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
So what's the going rate on this stuff right now? I've got a little that isn't in boxes that I picked up as a package deal. Some is copper-washed, some isn't. From what I could find, the copper-washed stuff is probably steel core.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So what's the going rate on this stuff right now? I've got a little that isn't in boxes that I picked up as a package deal. Some is copper-washed, some isn't. From what I could find, the copper-washed stuff is probably steel core.

Going rates on auction sites for the steel core copper washed is @ $225-300 for 550 rounds.If its sealed in a tin you will get the upper price range premiums.Loose ammo looses some value.
Just depends on how bad 2 bidders want it.I have seen a 550 round tin go for over $350 before.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top