Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 1:41:53 PM EDT
I can't stand the Tapco rivets sets and refuse to use another set. I want to use the rivets from the EE but need to know if a standard long rivet will work as the center support rivet?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
---- wondering the same thing myself
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean a trunion rivet?  If so, it will be too thick.  Also, the head will need to be worked down to clear the selector.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
yep its just a 5/32 rivet

its not standard for the rear but it is a standard size
might have to mod the head alittle but nothan big
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like I can just take the standard rear trunion long rivet and chuck it up in the drill press and file to fit.....

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Very good luck with the ones from K-Var.  AK Builder has some that appear authentic.  www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=314   And  ak-builder.com/ak/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=22
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
how many do u need???  i have some that work great......5/32 1.5 inch long AND they have a rounded head like the other rivets, just hammer flat on the selector side
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top