Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:46:19 AM EDT
For the life of me I cannot find a replacement part for my WASR-10 AK47.  Any know where I can find a hammer/trigger pin retaining spring (or more like a wire)?  The one I have now will not hold the pins in place and they work themselves out when under rapid fire. Also, this seems like a silly way to hold the pins in...does anyone know of a better system to hold the hammer and trigger pins in other than this wire??
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1
Retainer Plate Pat. Pend.
New product from Red Star Arms replaces the bent wire Shepherd's Crook. This steel plate installs in less than 5 seconds and holds the hammer and trigger pins in your Kalashnikov secure. Forget about fighting with the retaining wire. Not only can you frustrate yourself and scratch your firearm trying to route the retaining wire, but if it is not installed properly your gun will malfunction.

Similar to retainer plates used in the FAL and in some modern Russian Kalashnikovs, the RSA Hammer/Trigger pin retainer plate will work in nearly all Kalashnikovs. It can replace any style of retaining wire and will make installing, adjusting, tuning, or cleaning your trigger group a much easier job.

Please note. If you have an OOW receiver select the OOW option in the pull down list.

Pat Pend.
Sales Price: $ 12.99
The link i gave isn't exact. Just click Ak-47 then scroll down until you can click next. it's on the third page.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
BIG +1 for the RSA retainer plate, take that damn wire and throw it in the trash!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool...this is what I need.  One question.  What is OOW?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
ohio ordnance works, they make receivers
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
E clips.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah...I think I just have a std AK-47. I'm ordering the retainer plate.  This should do the trick. Thanks all!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
They all work. I've tried them all. Some just take a little more patience than others to put in.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top