Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 5:29:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 5:31:25 AM EDT by Weasel_Master]
I just got my drill press setup and ready to do some more rivet drilling. The only thing is I have an extra damn piece. It's about 6" long and about 1.5" wide. It's just a piece of metal with a hole in one end. It gradually slopes from a rounded "point" to 1.5" wide.

What the heck is it and where does it go? It's not even shown in the parts diagram.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:44:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 5:45:31 AM EDT by wildearp]
It is a tapered tool used to remove the drill chuck from the spindle of the press. You place it between the top of the head of the chuck and tap it with a wood/leather/rubber/dead blow hammer and the spindle drops out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:12:35 AM EDT
Top Top