Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:59:36 PM EDT
Just got a Yugo underfolder kit , I thought these Yugo's had a thicker front trunion. hence the receiver with the front bulge.My kit has what appears to be a regular thickness (1mm) receiver. flip up front and rear night sights. All #s match . Anyone have any info on the the correct receiver for this kit? Any info/history on this kit? Barrel is in excellant + conditon Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:08:46 PM EDT
does it still have the bulge on the front trunion?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 9:25:57 PM EDT by beemerman]
No it does not. It is flat like all the other AKs Well its a nice kit, but I was looking for the one with the bulge in the front so I could build it one of the DCI receivers (1.6mm). Still has peices of torch cut receiver on it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:59:58 PM EDT
IIRC, the very early yugo M70's where standard type (non bulged) trunion guns and where built using a more standard style AKM reciever.

there is also the possibility that it was originally a milled reciever gun(although i can't really say that i ever knew of yugoslavia making milled reciever underfolders)

you could more than likely find someone on the EE to swap you a kit with the bulged trunion for your kit

hope this helps

camaro
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:00:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By beemerman:
No it does not. It is flat like all the other AKs Well its a nice kit, but I was looking for the one with the bulge in the front so I could build it one of the DCI receivers (1.6mm). Still has peices of torch cut receiver on it.

I would keep it and buy another the ones without the bulge are more rare
I was hopeing to get standard one (centrfire kit) but the kit I got is better than the sa-85 that are going around
Top Top