Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:36:11 PM EDT
FNG question here. I've got a Romy kit I'd like to build (1st time) and just need to know if I build it for myself never to be transferred to someone else do I have to pay the $200 ATF fee to remain legal? Does buying a premade receiver vs bending a flat make a difference from a legal standpoint? Thanks in advance for any help, the ATF site isn't real clear or maybe I just don't understand the "legaleze" language.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:17:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:33:12 AM EDT
What me223 said, as long is it's not a SBR your good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:10:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 6:11:13 AM EDT by socandyman]
also its not legal to build a mg
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:56:54 AM EDT
SBR? Don't understand the acronymh.gif
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:01:49 AM EDT
Short Barreled Rifle?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:29:28 AM EDT
you only have to pay tax on a "special rifle"
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT
So long as you do not intend to transfer the rifle when you make it, it is legal to build it. However, you cannot make a fully automatic rifle under any circumstances, and you must comply with all other federal laws (like 922r, which requires 6 U.S. made parts, 5 if your rifle does NOT have a muzzle device). Check out this forum and a few others. You'll find you can build your own AK from a flat with minimal cost and no paperwork. Priceless.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:02:31 PM EDT
Thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:27:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By me223:
Hoe building is as addictive as crack!

Gotta keep the hoe's happy.
Top Top