Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:11:51 AM EDT
finally finished my Yugo M70b1 and test fired. just waiting on a US made yugo grip.built on a 80% rec. G-2 FCG with tapco piston.
also finished my Romy "G" kit and test fired. built on a Global trades 1.6mm rec. with G-2FCG and tapco piston, US PG. US slant. SAR furniture that I refinished myself.
both guns have been nuetered to be compliant with my NYS AWB, muzzle nut and slant have been welded on.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:51:15 AM EDT
Nice..Whatever became of that Yugo on a modified Tapco flat you were working on ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:19:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 8:24:47 AM EDT by gunwolf]
I put it all together, a few screws and the rest u-drives. the flat worked well but the udrives loosened and popped after about 60 rnds. the mistake i made with the u-drives was the size of the bit I used for the hole. after seeing how nice the 80% rec. looked, I decided to take it apart and build it later on a 100% rec. it still sits in a box waiting for new life. it is actually in nicer shape than the one above, bore is almost shiny,rifeling is real strong,and no pitting at all. I started to take pics of the de-milling of that one already.

you mean this one...

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:01:23 AM EDT
They both look great!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:13:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunwolf:
I put it all together, a few screws and the rest u-drives. the flat worked well but the udrives loosened and popped after about 60 rnds. the mistake i made with the u-drives was the size of the bit I used for the hole. after seeing how nice the 80% rec. looked, I decided to take it apart and build it later on a 100% rec. it still sits in a box waiting for new life. it is actually in nicer shape than the one above, bore is almost shiny,rifeling is real strong,and no pitting at all. I started to take pics of the de-milling of that one already.

you mean this one...

photobucket.com/albums/y74/gunwolf/flat001.jpg

Can you post some details on the Tapco flat and a Yugo front trunnion? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:33:51 PM EDT
I had a test bent tapco flat, so I wanted to see if it would fit the yugo trunnion. I measured the length of the trunnion and measured up from the bottom of the old reciever piece and cut a slit on each side with a dremel and cutoff wheel. then i used a 4" hand brake(hand seamer for ductwork) and bent both sides to match the old reciever piece. the trunnion slid right in. the tapco flat receiver worked fine for a functioning AK but the bulged reciver looks cleaner.
Top Top