Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:17 AM EDT
Global receiver. Tapco brake ext. Ace folding stock. HK/Surefire forend on modified AMD lower HG.

Almost done.

Just gotta put the FCG in and test her out...then get her sandblasted, Kphos then Duracoat.

I think I found my new "bump in the night " gun!

Matt G
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:50:54 AM EDT
Looks good, neat idea although once u squeeze that trigger off you wont need that surefire, the muzzle brake will light up any room.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:28:53 PM EDT
I was skeptical on the Surefire, but it looks good. You're definitely prepared for the gang-bangers in the backyard at midnight now!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:46:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By watertower:
I was skeptical on the Surefire, but it looks good. You're definitely prepared for the gang-bangers in the backyard at midnight now!

Homies won't know what hit 'em!

"if the bullet don't get 'ya, then the flame will!"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:02:05 PM EDT
Nicely done. I like a light at night. I mounted a rail on my handguard and used a surefire pistol light and a vertical grip on mine. Cool use for a shotgun foreend on your 65. Did it take much work to fit it? The Folding stock looks great as well. Makes for a nice looking/working package.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:48:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ssgbpowell:
Nicely done. I like a light at night. I mounted a rail on my handguard and used a surefire pistol light and a vertical grip on mine. Cool use for a shotgun foreend on your 65. Did it take much work to fit it? The Folding stock looks great as well. Makes for a nice looking/working package.

Thanks SSG.

I dremeled the heck out of the HK handguard and kept test fitting the AMD lower HG. Had to eventually cout down each side of the HG down about 1/4" to fit under the lip of the HK forend but it fit nice and snug!

After I paint the whole thing I might put 2 screws with some kind of adhesive up through the bottom just to be sure.

I love the ACE folding stock too. I have 2 more I'm going to put on other builds. It locks up pretty solid.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:20:05 PM EDT
How do you remove the handguard from an AMD65?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:39:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Parrandero:
How do you remove the handguard from an AMD65?

The same way you remove it from any other ak: turn the retaining HG lever and take it off.

I also removed the vertcal FG from it.
Top Top