Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:17 AM EDT
Global receiver. Tapco brake ext. Ace folding stock. HK/Surefire forend on modified AMD lower HG.

Almost done.

Just gotta put the FCG in and test her out...then get her sandblasted, Kphos then Duracoat.

I think I found my new "bump in the night " gun!

Matt G
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, neat idea although once u squeeze that trigger off you wont need that surefire, the muzzle brake will light up any room.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I was skeptical on the Surefire, but it looks good.  You're definitely prepared for the gang-bangers in the backyard at midnight now!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was skeptical on the Surefire, but it looks good.  You're definitely prepared for the gang-bangers in the backyard at midnight now!

Homies won't know what hit 'em!

"if the bullet don't get 'ya, then the flame will!"
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Nicely done.  I like a light at night.  I mounted a rail on my handguard and used a surefire pistol light  and a vertical grip on mine.  Cool use for a shotgun foreend on your 65.  Did it take much work to fit it?  The Folding stock looks great as well.  Makes for a nice looking/working  package.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nicely done.  I like a light at night.  I mounted a rail on my handguard and used a surefire pistol light  and a vertical grip on mine.  Cool use for a shotgun foreend on your 65.  Did it take much work to fit it?  The Folding stock looks great as well.  Makes for a nice looking/working  package.

Thanks SSG.

I dremeled the heck out of the HK handguard and kept test fitting the AMD lower HG. Had to eventually cout down each side of the HG down about 1/4" to fit under the lip of the HK forend but it fit nice and snug!

After I paint the whole thing I might put 2 screws with some kind of adhesive up through the bottom just to be sure.

I love the ACE folding stock too. I have 2 more I'm going to put on other builds. It locks up pretty solid.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you remove the handguard from an AMD65?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How do you remove the handguard from an AMD65?

The same way you remove it from any other ak: turn the retaining HG lever and take it off.

I also removed the vertcal FG from it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top