Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 2:38:13 PM EDT
after the problems with my first attempt with a 80% with template,I was ready to throw in the towel. Thanks to some very positive encouragement from members of this board,I pushed forward with my second 80% blank. this time I reverse engineered the receiver and it came out flawless. this was alot more difficult than any Romy build I have done. just waiting on a G-2 I ordered,and US pistol grip and I'll give you a pic of it firing!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:54:27 PM EDT
Nice! Any details, what was your route to finish it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:27:09 PM EDT
the only real hard part(once I got the holesdrilled) was the dimples.I had to custom make male and female jigs and press the dimples in. they don't look as good as a flat or my other rifles, but they work. I had to practice and adjust for about 2 hours straight and was still scared to actually dimple the reciever. I also had to make all new rivet jigs becuase theyugo is different. the action feels better than any Romy I have ever built. it is comparable to my chicoms. I am going to do one more and will take pics as I go. my computer was recently infected, and wiped out all my pics of this build.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:40:51 PM EDT
Nice job..I'd have to agree with you, there is no comparison between the Romanian and the Yugo kits..When you get a chance, how about a pic of your dimpling jig ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:11:39 PM EDT
Nice build. What blank did you use?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:45:14 PM EDT
Looks good Gunwolf - Glad to see this one successful.joedoran
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:51:15 AM EDT
I bought the blank from AKparts.com. the blank was extremely nice,heavy gauge steel. it was the thicker gauge like the Global Trades 1.6mm that I bought for another build. pressing the dimples in the heavier gauge was tough but it worked. I have to re-take pics of all my tools and jigs,I lost em' all in a computer crash!
Top Top