Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 9:42:32 AM EDT
Me and a buddy started our builds last weekend and all went OK except we couldn't get the barrel pin out. So I decided to drill one of the front trunion rivets since we WERE going to do screw builds but now probably use the U-drive screws that dalesimpson told us all about. ANyhow my question is how do I know when I have drilled enough of the rivet to get the screw or the u-drive screw in deep enough to work? How do I know how deep is to deep to drill so that I don't drill into the barrel? Is there a drill stop I could use or is it just a guesstimate? Thanks for the help in advance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Try to not go deeper than around .240".  If you go .250" you are generally getting into the barrel.  I just drill a little at a time and use my caliper to gauge depth.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
where are you at in or ?
there are few builders in or with tools who will help you
do it right

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
where are you at in or ?
there are few builders in or with tools who will help you
do it right

I live in Roseburg.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
ahh thats quite a jog
you could still ship it to me and ill pull the barrel for you

you can make a set of rivet squeezers for under 20 bucks
and ill walk you threw building it right
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top