Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 8:41:01 PM EDT
I just got a romy sidefolder to but on my wasr but I don't have the right allen bit for it. What exactly to I need to work with it right? I got the first scew in fine on the front part of the receiver but the scew wasn't in flush and stuck out just a little bit which prevented the recoil spring assembly from coming all the way back and the receiver cover being able to snap on properly. Anyway I got the scew out but the scew seems like it just won't go in flush no matter how well I align the folding stock. Any tips? thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem.  The screws were too long.  Try folding the stock, then put the screws in.  If they go flush with the stock folded, there are hitting the stock when it is fixed.

I cranked mine really hard then tried to fold the stock.  It wouldn't fold because of the pressure from the long screws.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You may have to trim the screw slightly.  You can tell if the screw is hittng the bolster by examining it as it is folded.  There will be a scrape mark on it.  Don't go overboard on trimming it. There isn't a whole lot of threads on the screw. I first used screws that I bought at an Ace hardware store.  They had tobe trimmed.  Later I ordered a pistol grip from Tapco and they also had the screws and the wrench for a Romanian side folder stock.  So I ordered a set.  Was only a couple of dollars.  However the shipping was more that the part, so I waited until I had more stuff to order from them.  The Tapco set worked out very well.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top