Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/19/2003 4:47:32 PM EDT
I lucked up on a workaround for a lost disconnector spring.  I was working on my converted Saiga trying to figure out what mods to perform on the BHO and when I got ready to put it back together, I was short one disconnector spring.  I had no idea what what became of it, and I was really bummed.

Well, I got to thinking that I had to have some kind of spring around the shop that I could substitute until I could get a new one, and it dawned on me that the springs in cheap ball point pins were the same diameter.  So I pulled one apart and tried the spring in the hole of the disconnector.  It was just a little too big, and of course way too long.

Springs being flexible, I got to wondering if I could still make it work.  So I cut 1/4 of the spring off of each end and tried again.  Son of a gun if it didn't go into the disconnector hole!

So I put the gun together and tried the trigger.  Darned if it doesn't feel like a better trigger pull that with the original spring.  I think I'll keep it in a whaile and see what happens.

Oh, and this was an FSE trigger, which I am real happy with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top