Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 2:36:46 PM EDT
Im in the process of building my first AK47. I have test fit the trunnions, but am alittle cconfused as to how the internals go in. Could some post a pic. of their internals and how its assembled.
Thanks
Z
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:18:43 PM EDT
Try this link, ignore the naughty extra axis pin.

http://www.aa-ok.com/AK_Tech/aktechinfo.htm
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:21:48 PM EDT
Thanks bulletslap thats helps alot, but Im still alittle confused.
Does the hammer retarder get used if I convert to a double hook trigger?
Is there a diagram on the boards here I can use?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:40:45 PM EDT
The Hammer retarder does not get used at all.

Best bet is to place it, and the rest of the FA parts in the trash,immediately.
You don't even want them in your house, let alone in your rifle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:39:41 PM EDT
Now Im really confused. The hammer retarder is not used? I dont know squat about AK's so forgive me. I guess the best place to ask is on an AK board. What is the best boards on AK?
I want to finish this project, and need to find out how to get this done.
Thanks
Z
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:54:15 PM EDT

http://linx310.nothingbutguns.com/fcgremoval.htm

Try above for pictures of a semi-auto FCG.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:21:25 PM EDT
The Semi FCG should have some sort of spacer or washer that goes in the area of the Bolt-anti bounce thingee. If your dont want the Full Auto parts send them to me :) nothing wrong with having them on hand, just don't have the naughty third hole in your receiver.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:57:05 PM EDT
I tried the above site but,"could not find server"
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:48:38 AM EDT
The "hammer retarder" is part of the FA FCG, it is not used in the SA FCG.
Try these sites.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=77

http://linx310.nothingbutguns.com/fcgremoval.htm

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:07:12 AM EDT
You can put the hammer retarder in just to fill the space next to the disconnector, it has almost no effect at all on semi. Even in full auto I was told that it only slowed the rate of fire from like 700 to 675. And that it was one of them money making parts that they added to make some "zars" brotherinlaw some doe.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:49:24 PM EDT
The AK you are going to build needs 5 US parts whithout muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:05:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stash420:
You can put the hammer retarder in just to fill the space next to the disconnector, it has almost no effect at all on semi. Even in full auto I was told that it only slowed the rate of fire from like 700 to 675. And that it was one of them money making parts that they added to make some "zars" brotherinlaw some doe.

It is a FULL AUTO PART, putting it in your rifle will win you a trip to the gray bar hotel.

Besides the fact that replacing the 3 FCG parts with US parts, is generally the first step taken to get your parts count right.
No more than 10 imported parts can be used to assemble any AK.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:22:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bulletslap:
The Semi FCG should have some sort of spacer or washer that goes in the area of the Bolt-anti bounce thingee. If your dont want the Full Auto parts send them to me :) nothing wrong with having them on hand, just don't have the naughty third hole in your receiver.

The US made FCG is designed so that no spacer is required.

Also if you own a rifle and the parts to convert it to full-auto, it is a FEDERAL FELONY.
Wether or not they are in your rifle. You can have one or the other NOT both.

You can't even have the extra hole in your receiver and legaly the auto sear trip on the bolt carrier must be machined off along with the bayo lugs.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:02:18 PM EDT
Man I'm fileing for my Mfr's licence here....I just came back from a day in Canada where I fired a Skorpion, a Bren, and a FA Valmet, all legally owned by private citizens. The paperwork for all (even a bolt action rifle) while leignthy seemed to none the less get them the affore mentioned firearms for a fair price, and without worry of legal recourse. Stupid gun laws or not I might just re-evaluate my thoughts about moving there someday.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:38:16 AM EDT
maxxx93, your parinoia is very high, I hope you don't drink alcohol...A person shall not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, or possess a machine gun or firearm which shoots automatically more than 1 shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.
section is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or a fine of not more than
$2,500.00, or both.
"All we cops check for(on AK or AR ect... type rifles)is if the hammer drops after dropping the bolt without letting go of the trigger, the length, and the serial#, I have know idea how or what usa made parts look like. We utilize are time better than that." officer Jones
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:52:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stash420:

"All we cops check for(on AK or AR ect... type rifles)is if the hammer drops after dropping the bolt without letting go of the trigger, the length, and the serial#, I have know idea how or what usa made parts look like. We utilize are time better than that." officer Jones

I wish I could count on all LEO following your sensible outlook on this.

But,I have had my CCW permit since 1973, I have a C&R FFL and own a safe full of somewhat exotic but legal firearms, and don't plan on jeopardizing any of them for something as simple (albeit stupid) as a parts count.

I also agree that LEO's have far more important things to do, than to try and figure out what country a part was made in.

But until at least Sept 04. It is, what it is.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 11:11:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RebelGray:
Man I'm fileing for my Mfr's licence here....I just came back from a day in Canada where I fired a Skorpion, a Bren, and a FA Valmet, all legally owned by private citizens. The paperwork for all (even a bolt action rifle) while leignthy seemed to none the less get them the affore mentioned firearms for a fair price, and without worry of legal recourse. Stupid gun laws or not I might just re-evaluate my thoughts about moving there someday.

Well... I do live in Canada, and things might look cool from what you saw, but in terms of firearms, it isn't! We have full firearms registration. Most military semi-autos are prohibited, all automatics are prohibited, handguns require a special license, two levels of "certification" and you need a special permit from the police to transport it from your house to the shooting range.

The firearms you saw were owned by a private individual that had them for a very long time, when they passed a law saying they were prohibited, they were allowed to keep them. That's it, other than that the most "evil" weapons you can have are SKS and ar15, but the ar15 requires endless paperwork.

The reason why they could have them at a good price is that pretty much nobody here can have them. You can't obtain a license to possess those "prohibited firearms" only those who had them before they were declared prohibited can keep them.
Top Top