Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi Guys!
  I am sorta new to the board , but I just HAD to post a pic of my "frankensaiga" conversion! She started life as a 16" 7.62X39. The butt and pg were fromed by cutting the bottom strut off of a Choate drag stock, she has a CAI fcg and A Tapco US gas piston as well bringing my US parts count to 6 I made my feed ramp from a piece of tubing. The whole project was done at my kitchen counter with a hand drill and a dremel tool. The finish on the stock and dust cover is OD green Krylon  camo truck paint.
Whadya think?

OK, lets try this....

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/oldguyoldstuff/frankensaigalives1.jpg

Link Posted: 4/13/2003 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
hey!  it's the AK Mean Green Machine!

BTW here's some more pics of my ramp

Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you think we'll get factory high cap Saigas if the AWB sunsets?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I could only hope so.  I would imagine that there is at least one company/entrepeneur that can see a large market for these items and possibly get the U.S. rights to sell them here in the states.  I would definately purchase them in quantity if they became available. <fingers crossed>
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the conversion, it is easy, and fun.  

I want to get my thoughts on this straight:  After the ban sunsets we will be able to convert our saiga shotguns correct?  The AWB is the problem here, not the parts count thing right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top