Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/15/2002 3:41:34 AM EDT
I've got it bad. I want to build a Krink but I'm not sure of the fine points. Please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
I was going to get a 5.45 receiver from OOW and a de-milled kit from K Var. It looks like the kit from K Var has the barrel pressed on the trunion already. I don't have a press so I'm thinking this will save some headaches.
Ok, lets assume I have it together. If I replace the trigger group, pistol grip, and pin and weld or silver solder a US made fake suppressor/comp on, would this set-up be legal? I don't want to pay $200 for a SBR. Ok guys, fill me in. THANKS!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:26:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2002 6:23:28 AM EDT by Shooter521]
Railhead:

Bear in mind that even if you do it as a registered SBR, you'll still have to have a fixed-open stock and no FH, unless you use a preban "donor" receiver. The only way to fly, IMHO, is to use a preban gun and make it an SBR... but that's big $$. The Krinks built as postban guns with fake suppressors are a waste. They *look* sexy, but 8" of usable barrel and 16" of barrel *length* just doesn't make sense to me. And before you knock me too hard, I had the fever too not long ago. Once I actually had the gun in hand for awhile, practicality set in. I traded it for *two* AK-74s that serve me much better.

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:34:59 AM EDT
Shooter. I'd never knock somebody for offering friendly advice. You don't learn much if you don't listen. As a matter of fact the Krink is off for now. K Var is out of de-milled kits and I ordered the AK-74dmw instead. I have a MKII with black poly furniture so wood seemed the way to go. I'd like to do the Krink some day but I'll wait until a pre-ban comes my way.

Top Top