Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2002 3:41:34 AM EDT
I've got it bad. I want to build a Krink but I'm not sure of the fine points. Please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
I was going to get a 5.45 receiver from OOW and a de-milled kit from K Var. It looks like the kit from K Var has the barrel pressed on the trunion already. I don't have a press so I'm thinking this will save some headaches.
Ok, lets assume I have it together. If I replace the trigger group, pistol grip, and pin and weld or silver solder a US made fake suppressor/comp on, would this set-up be legal? I don't want to pay $200 for a SBR. Ok guys, fill me in. THANKS!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Railhead:

Bear in mind that even if you do it as a registered SBR, you'll still have to have a fixed-open stock and no FH, unless you use a preban "donor" receiver. The only way to fly, IMHO, is to use a preban gun and make it an SBR... but that's big $$. The Krinks built as postban guns with fake suppressors are a waste. They *look* sexy, but 8" of usable barrel and 16" of barrel *length* just doesn't make sense to me. And before you knock me too hard, I had the fever too not long ago. Once I actually had the gun in hand for awhile, practicality set in. I traded it for *two* AK-74s that serve me much better.

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Shooter. I'd never knock somebody for offering friendly advice. You don't learn much if you don't listen. As a matter of fact the Krink is off for now. K Var is out of de-milled kits and I ordered the AK-74dmw instead. I have a MKII with black poly furniture so wood seemed the way to go. I'd like to do the Krink some day but I'll wait until a pre-ban comes my way.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top