AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I didn't get anything. If you want to get someones' attention you can also "@" them. Like this: @Jnull

That should send them a message that you mentioned them. But I'll drop you a line.
View Quote

Gotcha, thank you.

I replied to your message hopefully that one went through.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m going to be ordering 2 childers receivers hopefully Monday. What options should I add when purchasing and why or why not? Thanks for the continued help.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have an opinion on the above statement?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m going to be ordering 2 childers receivers hopefully Monday. What options should I add when purchasing and why or why not? Thanks for the continued help.
View Quote

You're not building any actual model of AK fielded by a military, so you don't need any "correct" features. So essentially you don't need the selector markings, selector notches, and trigger hump options. You can get them, sure, and any option you choose from those will work with your builds (they're just cosmetic). I wouldn't get the front trunnion rivet holes, especially for Romanian parts (you'll need to drill them yourself based on your actual part's hole locations). Rear trunnion holes you could get away with having done, but not necessary since you can drill them yourself. Double trigger hook cuts and three spot welds options also aren't necessary. Since you're building both an underfolder and a sidefolder, reinforcement plates can be selected. Most of the options they have give you clues to select them based on the parts you'll be using.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're not building any actual model of AK fielded by a military, so you don't need any "correct" features. So essentially you don't need the selector markings, selector notches, and trigger hump options. You can get them, sure, and any option you choose from those will work with your builds (they're just cosmetic). I wouldn't get the front trunnion rivet holes, especially for Romanian parts (you'll need to drill them yourself based on your actual part's hole locations). Rear trunnion holes you could get away with having done, but not necessary since you can drill them yourself. Double trigger hook cuts and three spot welds options also aren't necessary. Since you're building both an underfolder and a sidefolder, reinforcement plates can be selected. Most of the options they have give you clues to select them based on the parts you'll be using.
View Quote

Yea I don’t care about anything being correct I was more referring to the double trigger hook cuts, 3 spot welds, trunnion holes all that stuff.

What are the double trigger hook cuts and 3 spot welds?

Also under stock cut options for Romanian underfolder it says cant install reinforcement plate. Do you know why that is?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
So I’m still waiting on both my Childers receivers to show up. Back to the gas tube thing, id still like to go shorter then the draco gas tube I have. With my current setup I’ll have about 1 3/4” of exposed barrel between the handguard and FSB, id really like to reduce that for the krink or zpap look.

Arms of America lists a LYNX gas tube at 5 3/8” that’s 15/16” shorter then my draco tube and would reduce that exposed barrel nearly an inch. They also list an AMD-65 gas tube that looks similar to the lynx but doesn’t list a length.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I’m still waiting on both my Childers receivers to show up. Back to the gas tube thing, id still like to go shorter then the draco gas tube I have. With my current setup I’ll have about 1 3/4” of exposed barrel between the handguard and FSB, id really like to reduce that for the krink or zpap look.

Arms of America lists a LYNX gas tube at 5 3/8” that’s 15/16” shorter then my draco tube and would reduce that exposed barrel nearly an inch. They also list an AMD-65 gas tube that looks similar to the lynx but doesn’t list a length.
View Quote

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Does anyone have any insight on this?
View Quote

AMD65 gas tube I have lying around measures 5-3/4", hope that helps.

ETA: Are you using a hydraulic press or Toth style barrel tool to put this together? If using a Toth barrel tool you could potentially be making things difficult for yourself by having the gas block so close to the handguard retainer, as the retainer tends to want to sit forward and be turned sideways so the threaded rods don't get caught up on the forward sling mount (assuming you are using an AMD retainer). Something to consider anyway.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

AMD65 gas tube I have lying around measures 5-3/4", hope that helps.

ETA: Are you using a hydraulic press or Toth style barrel tool to put this together? If using a Toth barrel tool you could potentially be making things difficult for yourself by having the gas block so close to the handguard retainer, as the retainer tends to want to sit forward and be turned sideways so the threaded rods don't get caught up on the forward sling mount (assuming you are using an AMD retainer). Something to consider anyway.
View Quote

That means the AMD65 tube is 3/8” longer then the lynx, that does help thank you.

I haven’t bought any tools yet I was waiting to get all the parts. Once I get the gas tube thing nailed down I can more accurately measure for barrel length but I’ll end up going longer and having them cut down and properly threaded for suppressor use.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top