Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 7:51:13 AM EDT
I have a stupid newb question about the AK 74. Does the Ak47 and the AK74 use the same size fire control
parts like my Ar 15 does for multicaliber? And I suppose it would depend on milled vs stamped.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as the semi FCG parts (hammer, trigger, disconnector)  yes they are the same.   Bolt and carrier are different, as is ejector rail, barrels, and other parts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience is they are slightly different in design but should be 100% interchangable.  I only mention that because it may not appear to be the same as my AK 74s don't have identical FCGs as my AK 47s but I replaced them with typical US made FCGs without a single problem.  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top