Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:26:09 AM EDT
I recently sold my Century 1960 Polish milled rifle.  I loved the idea, but quality was lacking a bit here and there.

My idea is to get a 1960 Polish kit online for around $300, get a Bulgarian SA-M7 barrel for $200, and get a nice US milled receiver for around $400.
I have a spare unissued Polish stock set already.

That way I would have a proper, refined version of my old Century rifle with all the bugs sorted out, and the closest to a real original milled 1960.

Any thoughts?  The Arsenal SA-M7 Classics are nice rifles, but they're not parkerized (which I really liked about the Century rifle), don't have the classic polished bolt and carrier, and would run a bit more than my build for a used example.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I should dig out my Milled Kits and receivers and post pics!  I really need to find a builder that can put these together for me as I don't have the tools (or more specifically the knowledge) of how to build a threaded milled build.

I have three Milled Kits (all Polish) and two of them are the Kbkg60 grenade launching ones!  The third is just a milled Polish AK.  I bought three Firing Line Milled AK receivers a few years back and they were some type of special run and they were ungodly expensive but a US Receiver sure helps with the parts counts.

Old thread on these here:
http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=517

Need to dig these out of the safe and get them built!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If you still have the receiver stubs, this guy does amazing reweld work...
http://www.mygunsnorthwest.com/
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what you are really asking.  Sounds like you have it figured out for the most part.  Parkerizing really is not that hard to do, we did it a few nights ago after waiting over a year since having our parkerizing tank built.  As long as you have clean chemicals and parts you should have very little trouble getting a decent parkerize job.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks.  I guess I do have the logistics worked out, and have moved forward by securing a Bulgarian barrel and a non grenade-launching parts kit.

I was somewhat expecting to hear "Stop thinking so much and just buy an Arsenal."  Looks like I've made the right choice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey thanks.  I guess I do have the logistics worked out, and have moved forward by securing a Bulgarian barrel and a non grenade-launching parts kit.

I was somewhat expecting to hear "Stop thinking so much and just buy an Arsenal."  Looks like I've made the right choice.

Stop thinking so much blah blah blah blah....

Was that better?  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top