Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 12:52:26 PM EDT
Okay - I'm sure that I'm entering FLAMESVILLE, but - I REALLY want to know:

I've a resonably new Oly 16" with detachable carry handle stored in safe.  It has <400 rounds thru it across sporadic times at indoor 25m range.  I don't get out as often now - AND - I don't want to over (or under) do maintenance. So...

1. After reasonable servicing (BreakFree), how long can I go without further service???

2. After reasonable servicing, how long can I go without further service and still be  reliable "out of the safe" defense???

Thanks,
Andy  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I would always at least wipe the entire rifle down and lube after every firing session.  Last thing you want is for it to rust because you put it to bed "dry".  You don't have to clean it, just get a decent coat of CLP on everything that can rust.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top