Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2003 7:05:36 PM EDT
Should i Worry about Lint on the bolt carrier?I have a quite a bit of lint on my bolt carrier when i was cleaning it not alot but juss enough that u see them on my bolt carier.

And if so it is a problem what is the proper way of cleaning the bolt carrier?Brush with clp and patches?Or brush and clp?or patches and clp?

Thnx
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember that this is a military rifle.  Lint is nothing to this rifle.  Now maybe a hand-full of sand dumped in the carrier might slow it down... but not lint. [rocket]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Try using a small paint brush or acid brush to apply your lubricant rather than a cloth.That should cut back on the amount of lint your seeing.
You can also use a small paint brush etc. to remove dirt,dust and lint when cleaning.
Raymond
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thnx fellas
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW After i scrub it with a toothbrush with clp what do i wipe all the crud off with?Patch will juss leave lint.Am i missing something in my cleaining kit?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
BuMp!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one gun rag that is completely wet from FP-10. I've used the same rage for 3 years, after awhile it turns black and I never see lint.
As a matter of fact, it's starting to get worn out so I have to start over with a new one soon.
Or if you don't want to wait, get a black or dark blue cloth to wipe your firearms down.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Should i Worry about Lint on the bolt carrier?I have a quite a bit of lint on my bolt carrier when i was cleaning it not alot but juss enough that u see them on my bolt carier.

And if so it is a problem what is the proper way of cleaning the bolt carrier?Brush with clp and patches?Or brush and clp?or patches and clp?

Thnx
View Quote

The lint shouldn't hurt, unless it's an extrordinary ammount.

Cut up an old black t-shirt (100% cotton) and use it as a cleaning rag.  You may still have lint, but it won't show.  These are especially handy when wiping down the finish.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top