Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 5:38:50 PM EDT
I aquired an unopened gallon made in 97. Does anyone know how long it`s ok to use?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Im told seven years or so.But Ive used Break free that Ive had since 1989 and had no complaints.
Some say the solvent in the BF will start to affect the containers.So maybe it has something to do with the bottle starting to leak.
Again Ive never had a problem.
Raymond
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't know I never have bottles around that long.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Both in the civilian and military, I have used CLP that was VERY old.  You would have to shake the bottle for a minute or two just to get the stuff mixed up again after it had seperated in storage.  I never experienced any problems with it in my firearms but have noticed that direct contact with your skin can be irritating after a short time.  I wouldn't buy any more CLP in this condition, but I probably wouldn't turn it down free, either.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a gallon jug that was given to me in 97, I don't really use CLP on my weapons any more, but I shake it up to hit hinges, tractor parts etc..  It hasn't changed any as far as I could see, and I still use it on friends weapons when I do work on them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the info!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top