Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 2:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Now that's a muzzle break.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 3:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Kind of curious about this.  As it looks a lot like an overpressure caused crack, I'm inclined to agree with previous statements that something must has gotten lodged in there.   Did the gunsmith find no evidence at all of an obstruction?  No fragments or significant fouling around the crack or the gas block?  I'm surprised he says he can't determine cause at all...
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't suppose you picked up any of the brass? Those cases HAD to be effed up six ways from sunday.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:01:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just thinking of possible things here

Standard bullets for 300 are .308? correct?
Could some type of 311 or 312 bullet have slipped through?

Could this or something else cause one bullet to come apart with the jacket lodging in the barrel and the core striking the target then the next bullet striking the core/obstruction?

As others have said, bug or bug nest plugging the barrel.

Barrel company will point to ammo or bore obstruction, ammo company will tell you barrel was bad. Hard at this point to give a certain answer
View Quote
That might be my W.A.G as well. The undersized muzzle device is an intriguing thought. But, having previously fired 1,000-ish trouble-free rounds through it makes that seem less likely. Definitely an odd one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top