Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2017 9:47:42 PM EDT
So  I am still experiencing this issue and want to exhaust every possible solution before I take it to a shop. Gun will short stroke causing FTF by completely missing the next round leaving streaks on the brass or it jamming. it also fails to lock the bolt after the last round. I have checked the gas system and there are no apparent leaks to me. I have noticed when I clean the gun brass particles around the barrel/feed ramps and BCG. Is it possible the feed ramps of the upper and the barrel not being "lined" up or cut to match each other would cause short stroking?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Details of gun and ammunition are needed to help narrow down the issue. There are many things to check. The first two things I would check would be: misaligned gas block, and broken gas key screws.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Details of gun and ammunition are needed to help narrow down the issue. There are many things to check. The first two things I would check would be: misaligned gas block, and broken gas key screws.
View Quote
AND, under-powered Commie Block Ammo.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Pictures of the chamber/bolt carrier would also be helpful.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It is an ATI Omni Hybrid, I have used the both the 30 round mag that came with the gun as well as a 30 round p mag. I have only used 55 gr remington and HPR vmax.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 20” PSA CHF barrel that was short stroking. Drove me crazy checking BCG, gas tube, buffer and spring, lower specs all that. Pulled the FSP and checked alignment everything seemed good. Still short stroked. Finally measured the gas port and it was at a shade under 5/64ths. A #48 is closer since the 5/64th bit I had removed material. Finally ran the 3/32nds through and it looks really clean. I’m positive the gas port was the issue since it was 1/2 as big as it should have been.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top