Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2017 2:19:51 AM EDT
Hi,
 So I bought an AR a few years ago during the BO years. It's been great as far as accuracy and reliability go. However the FSB is canted to the left so much that it almost, if not totally, maxs my rear sight.

Honestly I'm tired of looking at it. I want to install a KMR rail and was wondering if I was to shave it down would it still clear? The FSB is pinned if that makes any difference. If not could I go with a lowpro GB? Would it be safe to adjust it and align it with the upper?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You really aren't going to get a much more secure option as the shaved & pinned FSB. That being said, depending on how much material you need to remove to get it to fit, and what your interest level is messing with it, another lowpro gas block will be fine. If you take the time to drill a minor detent for one of the set screw holes, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Shave it...........have KMRs on mine and I only shave down my fsb
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Would the canting cause it to be a mis fit for the rail on the rifle? I'm just trying to get an idea of the inner dimensions of the tube
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would the canting cause it to be a mis fit for the rail on the rifle? I'm just trying to get an idea of the inner dimensions of the tube
View Quote
Have you had any cycling issues? You'll be able to see if it is misaligned when you pull off the fsb. If you haven't had any issues with the rifleb though, I wouldn't sweat it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
FSB
FSB https://imgur.com/a/I2HkT

It's currently canted left. It cycles fine but I'm worried that even with it shaved down it would be leaning enough for the rail not to fit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey I'll get right on that. I was just reading about this. Also would this level of cant be considered within spec for companies or mil/LEO?

Basically am I over exaggerating this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:15:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Feed Ramps
Feed Ramps https://imgur.com/a/UFTzS

Tell me if I need to add anything else
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey I'll get right on that. I was just reading about this. Also would this level of cant be considered within spec for companies or mil/LEO?

Basically am I over exaggerating this.
View Quote
It happens. Each rifle is different. You obviously don't want to have too much of a cant. I've helped friends track down similar issues. IMO if you are still having issues past 300yds where you are maxed out and can't adjust windage any further, that's not great, and that sounds like a good candidate for a FF rail. If you have an optic on it, and you still have a little room to adjust your windage on the BUIS at 300yds, call it good and leave it alone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok. I'm going to shave it down and HOPEFULLY it won't be to canted so as to interfere with the KMR rail.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top