Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:52:05 PM EDT
Without any warning, my stable trigger system that's been in my lower for some 2 years went full auto...firing off about 4 rounds.

Hasn't been touched since it was installed other than very lite, non abrasive cleaning and minimal lubrication.

The engagement surfaces look sharp and square..though they do have a shinny appearence at the surfaces...but they don;t look any different than when I first got it several years ago.

Why does a trigger system suddenly go full auto when it's been stable and dependable for years?

Only has about 1000 rounds on it so It's not like it's being over-used.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:04:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:57:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2006 10:59:44 AM EDT by drshame]
Disconnect Spring: That's a maintenance item i've never heard needed changing before!

My Knights' SR 25 trigger is much older and has never gone full auto...I guess it's different design....or a much better disconnect spring.

FYI: The RRA Trigger system apparently does NOT have a user serviceable disconnect spring.....the disconnector is apparently peened into the trigger, so to replace a spring involves taking the peened pin out...and repeening a new one.
RRA says they believe the disconnector spring shold not have to be changed.

Any other ideas?

I found if I keep my finger in the rearward-most position on the trigger...the hammer has a hard time being captured back by the trigger. But if I ease off the trigger just slighly..it engages and captures all the time.

Normal or not?
Top Top