Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 2:52:05 PM EDT
Without any warning, my stable trigger system that's been in my lower for some 2 years went full auto...firing off about 4 rounds.

Hasn't been touched since it was installed other than very lite, non abrasive cleaning and minimal lubrication.

The engagement surfaces look sharp and square..though they do have a shinny appearence at the surfaces...but they don;t look any different than when I first got it several years ago.

Why does a trigger system suddenly go full auto when it's been stable and dependable for years?

Only has about 1000 rounds on it so It's not like it's being over-used.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Disconnect Spring: That's a maintenance item i've never heard needed changing before!

My Knights' SR 25 trigger is much older and has never gone full auto...I guess it's different design....or a much better disconnect spring.

FYI: The RRA Trigger system apparently does NOT have a user serviceable disconnect spring.....the disconnector is apparently peened into the trigger, so to replace a spring involves taking the peened pin out...and repeening a new one.
RRA says they believe the disconnector spring shold not have to be changed.

Any other ideas?

I found if I keep my finger in the rearward-most position on the trigger...the hammer has a hard time being captured back by the trigger. But if I ease off the trigger just slighly..it engages and captures all the time.

Normal or not?
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top