Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:30 PM EDT
Just rebarreled my Bushie upper with a DPMS DCM 20 in upper.  
Problem:  at the range, first five shots, 2 single, 3 rapid fire, all OK.  Next 20, all fail to eject.
The bolt comes completely back and locks, like she should.   Problem is, the cases did not eject.  Send the bolt home again and sometimes the case cools and she can extract.  Sometimes I need the cleaning rod to bop the case out of the chamber.   Must tell you this is DCM chamber and all my reloads were set up for my former, Nato Bushie chamber, ie, the shoulder was just bumped back 1-2 thou.  
Is the problem FTE due to a gas problem or the reloads for the other old barrel?   If I should have used factory ammo to test the new barrel, what do you recommend?   really frustrated and ticked.
billy
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Dano:
OK, what factory ammo should I get to check out the new dimensions on this chamber?  anything available out there?  thanks for the help.  
billy
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:56:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Dano:
The O ring idea sounds good.  OK, I did FL size the cases; shoulders pushed to the minimum on my Redding die.  I do not break in barrels too often; setting up the front site on mech. zero with the 4 set screws is one major PIA.  What is your ballpark estimate on how many rounds till she breaks in?  Till the gas port burr gets shot off?
thanks for the help!
bill d
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Dano:
OK, full length sized 30 cases and loaded 10 ea with Win 748, 25.0, 25.4, and 25.8 gr with the Sierra 69 gr bullets.  Shoulders pushed all the way back on Win cases.  Pressure tested one round from ea category, all is OK, primers look good.  Shot remaining 9 rnds of 25.0 gr, all is OK.  Then I shot 5 rnds of 25.4 and everything was good so far, functioning is great.  The next 5 rnds of 25.4 and 3 rnds of 25.8 were all fails to eject.  All eight had flattened primers as well.  It was 24 degrees F where I was in Central Jersey this AM.  None of the rounds sat in the barrel prior to shooting them.  I shot 'em both single shot and rapid fire.  The bolt comes all the way back and locks up; looks like I am getting enough gas.  What is going on?  Chamber still too rough?  Loads too hot for the Saami chamber?  Next time bring chrono?  Any help is appreciated, still lost.
thanks
Bill D
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Dano:
sounds like a brain you know what.  Sounds like a good case of chamberitis.  What say you?
bill d
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top