Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 2:35:47 PM EDT
Heres the problem: Load a full magazine,pull charging handle,pull trigger, gun fires, round is ejected,new round loaded, go to pull the trigger again-nothing(as if the hammer didnt reset after the first round was fired) I pull the charging handle again,live round dumps from the chamber and repeat-same results(basically have a single shot AR). I've tried this with half full mags,one round mags etc. Heres what I'm working with: Cav arms upper 14.5 in  hvy barrel. Ameetec lower with Accuracy Speaks trigger group. Unk. mfg chrome bolt carrier. Not sure where to start with this problem......any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
which AS trigger?

It's the Single stage trigger kit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
You disconnector isnt holding the trigger hammer back.  Remove the lower from the upper.  Place the selector on "fire"  Drop the hammer carefully.  Now - pull and hold trigger.  With trigger held rearward, pull hammer back.  Does the disconnector firmly grab it and hold it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
and that's essentially a tuned stock trigger right?

is this a new build or did it just start doing this?

Yeah basically.....this just started happening....it fired flawlessly for 100 rounds, before this started happening...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You disconnector isnt holding the trigger back.  Remove the lower from the upper.  Place the selector on "fire"  Drop the hammer carefully.  Now - pull and hold trigger.  With trigger held rearward, pull hammer back.  Does the disconnector firmly grab it and hold it?

I'll try that right now.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You disconnector isnt holding the trigger back.  Remove the lower from the upper.  Place the selector on "fire"  Drop the hammer carefully.  Now - pull and hold trigger.  With trigger held rearward, pull hammer back.  Does the disconnector firmly grab it and hold it?

I'll try that right now.....

Ok...it does hold the hammer back. What I noticed is that(bare with my terminology) The top part of the disconnector is catching the top curved part of the hammer. I have to push the trigger ever so slightly forward to move evrything back into the correct position...it then fires as it should. Hope this helps.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:58:08 AM EDT
[#9]
It looks identical to the second picture.....I have to push the trigger forward after each shot, to get it to fire again. How do I remedy this...and thanks for helping track down the problem!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:13:55 AM EDT
[#10]
trigger spring in?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
trigger spring in?

Yep....possibility that it's worn out?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It looks identical to the second picture.....I have to push the trigger forward after each shot, to get it to fire again. How do I remedy this...and thanks for helping track down the problem!

That's a new one on me!  Are you sure the rigger spring is installed properly?  Has anyone "adjusted" the spring legs.  I would guess either out of spec trigger spring, or something is really hanging up on your disconnector/hammer enagement.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Tweak - this sounds very similar to the problem I was having in my post where the disco was holding onto the back of the hammer even with my hammer forward. I have to agree though if the trigger has to be manually forced back forward, then this is the problem here. If the trigger returned to the correct position, the disco would not catch the hammer. Sounds like trigger spring to me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the advice..my only question is, why would this started happening now, instead of when I bought it....I put 3 magazines through it without any trouble?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Are you saying that you have a NEW UNFOOLED WITH Accuracy Speaks trigger, hammer and springs?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Are you saying that you have a NEW UNFOOLED WITH Accuracy Speaks trigger, hammer and springs?

No...I bought the lower used from a local guy that had AS install the trigger group themselves....I'm going to try to replace the spring first then go from there....
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top