Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 6:54:28 PM EDT
Does anybody know how to fix a Chip McCormick Super Match Trigger.
When I do a functional check I don't get the "click" the hammer just falls.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
yes it is
the funny thing is that when I do the check without the upper (with my finger) it passes the check
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If the hammer doesn't cock when the upper is on, sounds like the ramp on the carrier isn't moving the hammer back enough to engage the disconnector.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
slotted carrier?  not sure what that is.  all I know is that its a rock river carrier
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Call them up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
slotted carrier?  not sure what that is.

pics and definition in the Glossary.

next post best not be, "where is the Glossary?"

Its a Shrouded bolt carrier
sorry about the gap in my vocabulary I have just always heared it called shrouded or not shrouded
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Call them up.

+1

Its intended to be a seal unit. Nothing to "fix"

ETA: SEALED unit, not a seal unit. Sorry. No penguins were harmed in this production. Nothing to see, move along.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I think I know what it is now
following fight4yourrights advice I called Chip and he said it was probably the disconector spring
so I checked it and it does bind-up abit so I sprayed it with a little CLP and got it to pass the Functional Check . . . once
Chip suggested I send it in
guess I will but I hate send off, I just got itI'll let everyone know how it goes
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Your about the fifth person I've come across that's had problems with a McCormick sealed unit. Not knocking their quality as the one I've shot was very, very nice. Much better than the RRA national match in my 20". Zero creep, click, bang. I think the hit or miss on their quality comes into play due to the "sealed" nature of the beast. Get a lower that just a little bit different that what it's designed for and it has problems. My 2 cents. Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Well it took a while for me to send it off and a week and a half to get it back but I have my trigger back
It functions well enough
Tomorrow we see if it still shoots like it used to
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top