Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 4:25:20 PM EDT
A Cop friend of mine has a LEO Colt 9mm AR that keeps jamming. I'm gonna fire it on Monday but wanted to get some input from ARFCOM to see if it's a common problem. He's telling me that the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round will usually fail to chamber. The round will jam below the on the barrel but below the hole. He sez it does it with hollow points and ball ammo and with all three of his mags (mags are new LEO Colts' 32rd ers). He sez it will do it all the way through the mag i.e. fires 4rds then jams, clear jam, fire 3-5 more and jams. He told me it will push the bullet back into the brass most of the time as well. I have very little experience with ARs chambered in other than 5.56/.223 so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Glockdog

Airborne
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the mag block.  If its pinned, it MAY be pinned in there too low.  It sounds like the round isn't getting shoved up high enough.

Other than that,  I'm stumped.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had a pre-ban Colt 9mm for many years and have fired thousands of rounds through it and so far have never cleaned it (just oiled it a lot) and have never had a malfunction of any kind.

It could be the mag catch is loose and needs to be tightened; if he cannot do it he should take it to his precincts smith/gun guy and have him take a look at it.

Sounds like nothing a few turns of a screw cant fix.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top